Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch burst
ive owned my 2.0 hdi desire for around 3 years now and must say its been a great car. 3 days ago the clutch started to feel differant. and although its always been a heavy clutch it start to be realy stiff and was making a screaching noise and after around 5 miles it was solid and i couldnt get gears. i just manadged to get it home. so next day i booked into my freinds garage for a strip i couldnt get gears the only way to do the mile and half trip was to put it in 3rd and then start in gear.luckly i left early in the morning before the trafic built up. when striped the clutch plate was fine but the thrust bearing had sized on the nose cone and broke up and this wrecked the pressure plate. he fitted a clutch plate /pressure plate and thrust bearing and a nose cone as well as a new leaver. the clutch is now a lot softer (nice) i always thought it was the cable causing this. i think he realy looked after me with a total cost of £250.realy pleased to have her back.
Good price glad you got it sorted at least you know what to look out for in the future  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy