Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2015 Stereo upgrades?
Hi Guys,

anyone has any advice or help would be appreciated!

2015 Enterprise with Bluetooth, stalk and rear parking sensors and front speakers only and I want to add rear speakers if possible without too much hassle ?

Anyone know if the Continental head unit supports rear speakers?, I know there isnt a fader option but was unsure whether if speakers where connected to the connectors would it enable the option?

I know if I change the head unit I need quite a few wiring adapters and patch leads!

Cheers
Do you know the model number of the radio?
(28-04-2015, 07:58 AM)Alancashirelad Wrote:  Do you know the model number of the radio?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Floydster for this post
Photo 
Check the wiring on the connector at back of your radio if you have wires going to all of the pins 1 to 8 in Part A
Then the rear speaker wiring is in place. I don't know where the cables run too. I have a Multispace so already have speakers in rear,
Don't have access to my backup copy of Service Box at moment waiting on a new Hard drive for my laptop, don't know how long it's going to be before I'm up and running again. Does the plastic trim above your rear wheel arch have any signs of a speaker grill? Wires could already be behind there.
You could go to Citroen Service web site  http://service.citroen.com you have to register but it gives you access to a lot of data for free some you have to pay for,
enter your VIN number and then under Jobs click on Electrical unit then you will see Electical harnesses in red, click on central harness then on new page at bottom click on intermediat harness. This should open a new page showing the harness running from front to rear. Also look under audio as it will show your speakers, the information is only relevant  to your VIN number, items that are not factory fitted to your van may not show up or show in picture but have no part number or discription. The picture for my Multispace shows the rear speakers being fitted in the rear side doors but that's not the case there further to rear. Hope it helps and that I've not confused you even more
Geoff
[Image: fakra_car_radio_connector.jpg]

Part A

Pin 1: Right Rear Speaker  +                        
Pin 2: Right Front Speaker  +                      
Pin 3: Left Front  Speaker  +                        
Pin 4: Left Rear Speaker  +                          
Pin 5: Right Rear Speaker  -                         
Pin 6: Right Front Speaker  -                       
Pin 7: Left  Front Speaker  -         
Pin 8: Left  Rear Speaker  -          
(29-04-2015, 10:01 AM)Alancashirelad Wrote:  Check the wiring on the connector at back of your radio if you have wires going to all of the pins 1 to 8 in Part A
Then the rear speaker wiring is in place. I don't know where the cables run too. I have a Multispace so already have speakers in rear,
Don't have access to my backup copy of Service Box at moment waiting on a new Hard drive for my laptop, don't know how long it's going to be before I'm up and running again. Does the plastic trim above your rear wheel arch have any signs of a speaker grill? Wires could already be behind there.
You could go to Citroen Service web site  http://service.citroen.com you have to register but it gives you access to a lot of data for free some you have to pay for,
enter your VIN number and then under Jobs click on Electrical unit then you will see Electical harnesses in red, click on central harness then on new page at bottom click on intermediat harness. This should open a new page showing the harness running from front to rear. Also look under audio as it will show your speakers, the information is only relevant  to your VIN number, items that are not factory fitted to your van may not show up or show in picture but have no part number or discription. The picture for my Multispace shows the rear speakers being fitted in the rear side doors but that's not the case there further to rear. Hope it helps and that I've not confused you even more
Geoff
[Image: fakra_car_radio_connector.jpg]

Part A

Pin 1: Right Rear Speaker  +                        
Pin 2: Right Front Speaker  +                      
Pin 3: Left Front  Speaker  +                        
Pin 4: Left Rear Speaker  +                          
Pin 5: Right Rear Speaker  -                         
Pin 6: Right Front Speaker  -                       
Pin 7: Left  Front Speaker  -         
Pin 8: Left  Rear Speaker  -          

Fantastic info mate!!!, much appreciated!

I did look at the rear of the head unit last week and only speaker wires to the fronts are on the harness!, I was unsure whether the unit would enable fader function if I was able to connect up cables to the rear connectors! ; )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You're RD45 radio is the same that I took out of my car so it should be capable of driving rear speakers you will need to get an adaptor cable like this one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Peugeo...4897.l4275  as you need to cannibalise it.
Remove the four speaker leads (very carefully will take some pictures of how to. Just cut off the other ends not needed) from the adaptor that are missing from your connector and fit them into your connector. you can then extend the cables and run to where you what to put your rear speakers.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Alancashirelad for this post
Pictures below showing how I remove and refit the ISO connector socket on the car radio connector.
Viewing pictures from left to right
Pic1 shows the front of connector housing (Note this is not a fully populated socket)
Pic2 shows rear of connector housing. You can see on the crimped connector the right hand side of crimp is flat, left hand side folds round cable. May be reversed on your connector.
Pic 3 shows 1mm diameter paper clip inserted along side of connector from the front on the flat side of connector, push the wire you want to remove in at the same time push paper clip in till stops then pull paper clip out.
Gently pull on the cable you are removing, figures crossed it will come out. If not repeat inserting paper clip you could try pulling on the cable with the clip still inserted but  that may jam the connector. If the paper clip you are using is smaller than 1mm it may not push the tab down far enough to release it from housing.
Pic4 shows the connector removed from housing.
Pic5 shows a scaplel blade inserted under tab to lift it up otherwise when connector refitted it will not stay in place.
Pic6 shows connector partly inserted into housing, push all way in till stops moving then give  a slight tug on the cable to make sure it has latched in. If it comes out you need to bend the tab further out.
Pic 7&8 show a new connector from different angles

Note if you want to remove a male connector the retaining tab is on the opposite side.

If you don't feel confident in carrying out this task. Then don't do it! take your vehicle to a car audio installer.
I can't be held responsible for any damage you do to your Vehicle, wiring, car radio or yourself.

[Image: pic1.jpg][Image: pic2.jpg][Image: pic5.jpg][Image: pic6.jpg]
[Image: pic7.jpg][Image: pic8.jpg][Image: pic3.jpg][Image: pic4.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Alancashirelad for this post
Thats perfect !, and to be honest something I had contemplated as a possible fix so seeing this write up is much appreciated!

Now I know how the connector is removed with the paperclip it makes life so much easier!

I'm sure this will help others too!
Tried the above, bought the connector and fitted the wires to the back of the radio connector!, I connected up a speaker but it looks like the radio doesnt have output to the rears Sad

Any suggestions ? Huh
(19-05-2015, 06:26 PM)Floydster Wrote:  Tried the above, bought the connector and fitted the wires to the back of the radio connector!, I connected up a speaker but it looks like the radio doesnt have output to the rears  Sad

Any suggestions ?  Huh

Sorry it's not going smoothly,
Just double check a couple of things
Make sure you've connected the correct wire to speaker 1 & 5 connect to right speaker 4 & 8 to left
On the picture you posted showing the connector on the rear of your radio, pin 1 is below the pink wire and pin 5 is below the red wire.
If you are using the screw type connector blocks make sure the screw is biting in to the copper wire and not the insulation.
Also check that the Fr-Re balance front rear,  is not set fully front, this may be the case as no rear speakers had been originally fitted.
Audio settings are through the button with the musical note symbol.
Hope this helps