Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Owner Looking For Advice?
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a current model Berlingo XTR and was wondering what peoples thoughts were between the 90 and 115 engines, is it worth holding out for a 115 model as there are much fewer around or is there not much difference really? Also, if I went for a 90 can I upgrade to 115 spec later, is it just an ECU/chip upgrade or is it more involved than that? Many thanks in advance, Steve Smile

P.S. What's your thoughts on the equivalent Peugeot Partner Outdoor or is that swearing! Is it just me or do they seem slightly cheaper for a like for like model?
Hi I had a Mk2 90hp which was fine I now have a Mk3 110 and must say it is a lot more responsive also more economical. There is more to the 110/115 than just the ECU/chip it has a different turbo as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Hi Steve,
have had my pre owned XTR for just over 3 weeks and was like yourself, originally looking for the higher powered model. As you say they're rarer and in the end I settled for what I hope is a genuine car with lowish miles and only one previous owner. I was more concerned with the removable individual rear seats and air con than extra horsepower but was a little worried whether the 90 would have enough poke to pull what is quite a sizable car.
There was no need to worry as it has plenty of low down grunt (particularly in second) and on a motorway is only turning over at 2500rpm at 70mph so is remarkably quiet for such a brick shaped vehicle.
Mine has a tow bar fitted by the PO so if you're looking to tow something heavy then the more powerful engine may make more sense, otherwise the lower powered seems so far, to be more than capable.
No doubt someone with a 115 will be along to rubbish what I've just said....

Be interested to know if you find a good equivalent Partner as they seem even rarer!
Thanks for your replies guys that's very helpful and much appreciated! Interesting to know it's a different turbo Trevor and likewise to know you're happy with your 90 JT1.

Have either of you suffered from a problem I've been reading about with cars pulling to the left and Citroen/Peugeot denying there's a problem?
The 90 is fine with no FAP / DPF until 2012 the 110 / 115 have vvt turbo's but you also get the FAP / DPF some thing to look out for if you do a lot of sort trip's
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

No - not yet.
(25-04-2015, 09:27 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  The 90 is fine with no FAP / DPF until 2012  the 110 / 115 have vvt turbo's but you also get the FAP / DPF some thing to look out for if you do a lot of sort trip's

Thanks Jed. I was hoping to get a 63 or 64 plate so does that mean whichever I go for it will have a DPF? By the way I know DPF but what does FAP stand for?
It's It's the same as the DPF but Citroen call it FAP  Filtre A Particual   French  Smile

Ahh ok thanks!
Yes they will have FAP / DPF fitted you can have them removed and mapped along with the EGR it will still pass an mot they just take the centre of the FAP / DPF out so it look's like it's still there