Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 berlingo pads
Hi There,
I wonder if anyone can help.

I am about to change my front pads on a 2002 berlingo but I have read I may need a hex drive to remove the caliper, please could someone tell me what size if this is needed if not what size spanner will remove loosten the bolts.

Many thanks,
Tony
Just did the pads on my 2001 with Lucas caliper . You don't need to remove the caliper to change pads, just loosen and hinge aside the carrier. Think it was 14 or 15 mm spanner.
I had to remove the calipers to replace the disks and it was a torx bit you need , cannot remember what size though.
Malcolm.
2001 1.9D Multispace.
Diagbox diagnostics in Northumberland.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to malgpz900 for this post
(09-05-2015, 10:47 AM)malgpz900 Wrote:  Just did the pads on my 2001 with Lucas caliper . You don't need to remove the caliper to change pads, just loosen and hinge aside the carrier.  Think it was 14 or 15 mm spanner.
I had to remove the calipers to replace the disks and it was a torx bit you need , cannot remember what size though.
Malcolm.

Thank you Malcom I will get stuck in
It's Torx but not sure what size, something big like T55 which should be relevant for the engine mounts too. Best thing to do is get couple of high tension hex bolts so it makes your job easy next time.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Kokain for this post
Torx are great but always tap the bit in with a hammer first to seat it all the way in on any that are likely to be stiff, sometimes you might need to clear some muck out first.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ddb for this post
Some older brake calipers needed a 7mm hex (Allen Key). Don't think you will, a 13mm and 15mm spanner to remove caliper will give access to the pads, !3mm to unscrew bolt and 15mm to hold the sliding pin it screws into.
Remember to loosen brake fluid tank cap to stop brake fluid being sprayed all over the engine compartment when pushing the brake pistons back. You wont need to remove the caliper carrier unless the discs are needing replaced.