Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all, has anyone has to contend with exhaust knocking, how was it solved. The issue being that my M59 MK2 1.9D Berlingo the exhaust is knocking. I have replaced all the exhaust hangers with new ones purchased from Eurocarparts. After extensive investigation I discovered that the cause is with the middle hanger which is knocking to the heat shield. Any advice and ideas appreciated and thanks in advance
Don't know the specifics but often on other cars it happens because a join is fitted with a twist on it or not overlapped far enough.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles
yes undo the clamps and turn your back box slightly then tighten again - this puts the hangers slightly off centre and pulls the exhaust over away from the shock mount.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Top drive for this post
(15-05-2015, 01:40 AM)Top drive Wrote:  yes undo the clamps and  turn your back box slightly then tighten again - this puts the hangers slightly off centre and pulls the exhaust over away from the shock mount.

The rubber hangers from Eurocarparts are total rubbish...beware. I too had a knocking exhaust, the original hangers were perished (well they were about 6 years old) so I replaced them with ECP ones. About 6 months later the knocking came back and on checking the hangers again they were severley perished so I replaced them again with new ECP ones and again after less than a year same problem. I reported the issue to ECP but they didn't seem too interested unless I wanted to post them at my cost, even though I offered to drop them off at my local store! I bought some genuine Citroen hangers since and they're fine and only slightly costlier iirc.
cheap exhaust rear boxes dont help either.