Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for small stove wind screen or interior set up
I was thinking there might be some fireproof box /shield about so I could cook inside safely.I am recently back from walking the Skye Trail.Though I sleep mostly in my Berlingo on these camping trips the weather made it difficult to make cup of tea/cook outside in the wind and rain. I have single burner stove and other camping canister stoves. I don't want to add a campervan set up,at least not yet and wonder if others have ideas for a bad weather set up.I have leisure battery in; so is a small electric kettle the answer. I do hike mostly so don't really want more stoves.
What about this?

http://www.packashack.co.uk/reviews.html
(15-05-2015, 07:17 PM)lakeside Wrote:  I was thinking there might be some fireproof box /shield about so I could cook inside safely.I am recently back from walking the Skye Trail.Though I sleep mostly in my Berlingo on these camping trips the weather made it difficult to make cup of tea/cook outside in the wind and rain. I have single burner stove and other camping canister stoves. I don't want to add a campervan set up,at least not yet and wonder if others have ideas for a bad weather set up.I have leisure battery in; so is a small electric kettle the answer. I do hike mostly so don't really want more stoves.

Hi, have a look at my post - Berlingo Micro Camper Conversion it will be in the New Posts section, actually it just above yours. If you would like to ask any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Happy Camping Cool
You mite be better off using electric one the thing about gas if you don't have good ventilation you will get a billed up of condensation in the Berlingo
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

What about this...

A DC to AC converter to power an electric stove ring or kettle...

Run the engine of the Berlingo and use the converter to power your AC electricity...

Job done. The Ac will also let you power laptop, tv, street lighting..... Joking about the street lighting..

Regards.. Heart
Opps..! Did I say that..! Tongue
A DC to AC converter to power an electric stove ring or kettle...

Can you recommend one. Lots on ebay but I don't want a cheap Chinese import. I see GoOutdoors have a can shaped one.
Quote:if you don't have good ventilation you will get a billed up of condensation in the Berlingo

And don't forget about CO in a confined space.  Electric would definitely be the preferred power source.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
I bought a 2 cup 12v kettle which I switch on when I am getting changed in the morning. I use one cup for porridge and the other for a Nescafe 3 in1 coffee sachet,those and a banana and I am walking in the hills very quickly.
I run a 3000w inverter on my boat, can boil a normal kettle and run the microwave off that. I do have 240a/h batteries though.

I'd certainly go with the inverter route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
Oh and it's Chinese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.