Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Berlingo Blue Hdi XTR 120 6 speed
Anybody seen the new Berlingo yet, it's for sale here in the UK with the much needed 6th gear. Big Grin  
2011 (61) Multispace XTR 110 in Kyanos Blue
If you mean the multispace it's not on the website yet - where've you seen it? I noticed a few weeks ago that Peugeot had updated their website but not Citroen.
If you go on the configurator on the Citroen website, the new one comes up. I tried an XTR to see the new cost if I specced it up to my current one and it came out to nearly £20k!
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
Blimey yes - £19,250 list price for mine - XTR + automatic pack in black. This is the 100bhp with auto box. You can download the pdf at the end for the full spec.

CO2 is marginally down, from 115 to 112, so it's still £30 road tax.

It does now include the leather steering wheel, and the touchscreen with DAB. Sat nav's £400+ extra (not included in my quote).

This spec sheet also says it does 4.2 mpg. I'd assume that's a mistake - it doesn't even make sense as a L/100km figure.

So it looks like they've gone up about a grand. I'd say we both bought at about the right time then - mine was £15k, and I think you paid a bit less with sat nav too. But I got the leather steering wheel (ner ner etc).

The Peugeot flavoured version looks nicer than previously - it always looked wrong without a grille to me.

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-p...ochure.pdf

You can't have the auto on the top spec though (bizarre).
Yes, I agree Doofer, but I suppose once it's been out for a while the Citroen discounts will kick in. I certainly wouldn't entertain one for £20k though!
The reason I asked if anyone's seen it, a friend mentioned that it's listed on the Motability website, so I'm thinking it must be available.
2011 (61) Multispace XTR 110 in Kyanos Blue
(19-05-2015, 12:34 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  Yes, I agree Doofer, but I suppose once it's been out for a while the Citroen discounts will kick in. I certainly wouldn't entertain one for £20k though!

I did read a quote from someone from Citroen in a car magazine recently - they said they don't want to be everyone's third choice and have to give big discounts to get sales in the future.

In their dreams - they'll have some very full car parks if they stopped discounting. I'd probably have bought used or looked elsewhere if they hadn't offered £3k off plus a generous part-ex.

Some people do pay the full list price though, so I suppose the strategy of starting high then discounting does work.
I always get the best price from an Internet broker then go and see my local dealer, who are always very good and more or less match it. It's got to the stage where they just ask me for the price I have achieved when I walk in and then disappear into an office for a con flab!

Like you, I wouldn't consider a new Berlingo if it weren't for the discounts. They are a great vehicle, but not worth £20k!
It depends what you're comparing against - I regularly read various car magazines, and you don't actually get much below £20k these days - it's pretty shocking how high new prices seem to be going.

Some random examples of very unspectacular cars from the back pages of Autocar this week...

Citroen C4 1.6 e-HDI 115 Excl ETG6 £20965
Fiat 500 0.9 Twinair 105 Cult £17500
Ford Fiesta 5dr 1.6 TDCi 95 Titanium X £17895
Hyundai i30 5dr 1.6 CRDi 110 Blue Drive Active £18595
VW Polo 1.4 TDI 90 SEL £16770
VW Golf 1.6 TDI 105 Match £22905

Apparently inflation is -0.1% now. It certainly isn't for car prices.
i see the peugeot is better specced
Thanks

Paul Ryan