Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a potential owner
Hello All.

I've just joined up as a Berlingo Multispace / Partner Tepee is on the shopping list of possible replacements for our wonderful Xsara Picasso 2.0hdi.

We've owned the Picasso from new, put on 151000 miles in 10 years and still running on all the original bits except for a couple of coolant thermostats, an aircon fuse, an ABS sensor and a couple of wheel bearings (plus tyres of course).

Sadly the 2.0hdi was no longer fitted after late 2005. There's no DMF or DPF to worry about & economy, recorded religiously from new, has averaged 49mpg.

I'm hoping to pick up some info re. DMF / DPF / turbo reliability on the diesels as well as the reported 'pulling to the left' issue.
Hi Simon and welcome. Are you looking at new or used? I've got one with a DPF and it has never been a problem. I've never even seen the light go on that says it needs a good run to burn out the deposits. The 1.6 HDi turbos seem to be fine as long as you keep the oil changed regularly (do mine every 9K km) and you must use an oil that conforms to the PSA B71 2290 specification. If you get a used one then verifiable full service history is a must.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post
Thanks. I'm looking at new & mulling over the petrol vs. diesel conundrum. I now do around 12,000 miles p/a, mainly on longish runs. I always service at or before the service due mileage & idle the engine before switching off to cool the turbo. I go easy on clutches too.
Hello Simon welcome to the forum have a good long test drive to make sure your happy some pull to the left quite badly you will be able to tell on the test drive some rattle again a good test drive remember you only read about the bad one's mostly there are lot's of good one's out there  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy