Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faulty Clock Display
I have a 2007 Citroen Berlingo 1.6 HDi. The clock display on the dash only works for the lines in the top left corner. I removed the dash from around the clock (no easy task) and removed the clock. There are three lightbulbs at the back of the clock. I switched these bulbs around but for all configurations the top left lines remained the only visible lines on the clock.

Do I need to replace the entire clock display unit (expensive option) or is there possibly a loose electrical connection inside the clock or between the clock and the plug that supplies it with power?
I had a 56 reg M59 in which the clock display started smoking one day, and nearly caught fire. I ended up buying a new LCD panel from Citroen for about £80 (I think it was). There must have been a bad batch of them manufactured in 06-07.
(15-06-2015, 10:48 AM)CourierJim Wrote:  I had a 56 reg M59 in which the clock display started smoking one day, and nearly caught fire. I ended up buying a new LCD panel from Citroen for about £80 (I think it was). There must have been a bad batch of them manufactured in 06-07.

Do you mean just the LCD screen or the entire clock unit (like this: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Citroen-Berlingo-...2a51717bb6)?
I just got a second hand display of ebay that matched my old one on my 2008 van when it packed up.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Yes MowingBar it was the entire display, and, having seen that Ebay price, I think the price I paid at a Citroen dealers for the complete LCD unit was probably nearer £40 (It was 7 years ago lol!).
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CourierJim for this post