Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cup holders - 61 plate XTR
Many have commented on the useless cup holders in Berlingo's and here's my solution.
Purchased a three drawer storage unit from Matalan.
Removed drawers and laid it on it's back between front seats - secured with Velcro.
Cut suitable holes in two of the drawer fronts. Glued sponge in the bottom of the drawer to cushion the cups. Painted the fronts. Placed draught excluder around the inside of the cut (hides some of the rough cuts lol).
Result.............

Had a problem getting forum to accept bigger picture. It enlarges for me if I click on it so hopefully you will be able to do the same if you want a bigger picture.
That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing.

You've got me searching now for something the same in black, umm.
(19-06-2015, 04:42 PM)Jelster Wrote:  That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing.

You've got me searching now for something the same in black, umm.

Thanks Jelster. I'm thinking of painting the unit itself black and maybe a darker grey for the cup holder/drawer sections so that it's a bit nearer to the interior - work in progress as they say.
Good one why didn't Citroen think of that ??
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(19-06-2015, 09:18 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Good one why didn't Citroen think of that ??

They might do one day but I'm guessing they won't do it for less than £12 complete. Holes might be better drilled by them (and the more accomplished Berlingo owner) but then I am to joinery what water is to electricity - shocking!
Blush Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I've got a big clip-in box with a roller top there. It looks like your unit on the floor is the same - if so it has a couple of hooks in its back edge to attach it. It has a cup holder at the front of it.

You can see it here - right-click, view image to see it full-size...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2053]

I don't know what they charge for this if you don't have one.
(20-06-2015, 11:58 AM)doofer Wrote:  I've got a big clip-in box with a roller top there.  It looks like your unit on the floor is the same - if so it has a couple of hooks in its back edge to attach it.  It has a cup holder at the front of it.

You can see it here - right-click, view image to see it full-size...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2053]

I don't know what they charge for this if you don't have one.

I've not got one hence looking at alternatives. Also don't know the price of one but in 2011 someone on this forum said they were £250. Not suprised - I was quoted £350 for a new rear parcel shelf. Made one myself for less than £35.00.
Blimey - I assumed it was under £50 looking at it, it's just a plastic box really. I just bought a load of plastic storage crates for use in my business from Wilkinson for £2 each - it's like car companies and the rest of the world use different currencies.