Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingo roof boxes
Hi folks,

I am considering looking at getting a roof box for our Betty Berlingo.

Do I need to buy roof bars first to attach the box onto or do they somehow fit onto the bars that run lengthways on the roof?

Many thanks in anrticipation of any replies:o)
(03-07-2015, 08:55 AM)Burt Wrote:  Hi folks,

I am considering looking at getting a roof box for our Betty Berlingo.

Do I need to buy roof bars first to attach the box onto or do they somehow fit onto the bars that run lengthways on the roof?

Many thanks in anrticipation of any replies:o)
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-boxes/

Tells you all about them here.  Looks like you have to buy bars across the width to fit the box to.
2001 1.9D Multispace.
Diagbox diagnostics in Northumberland.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to malgpz900 for this post
is a roof box easy to put stough in and get out by standing on side of vehicle
Confused
If your 8 feet tall its easy,if not you will have to use a pair of steps and then stow them in the roof box !! Exclamation
(02-10-2015, 08:34 AM)bikergraham Wrote:  Confused
If your 8 feet tall its easy,if not you will have to use a pair of steps and then stow them in the roof box !! Exclamation

Or put them in the boot Wink
So where does this bit go then ?
I looked at them before deciding not to bother. Have a look at Halfords - I'm not suggesting to buy one there, but it's a good place to see what's available.

They're very shaped inside, so probably only useful with squashy bags, and little use for boxes or suitcases. They also look pretty fragile to me.

You need the cross bars to fit between the rails. You're probably best buying these from Citroen to ensure they fit properly without marking the original ones.

You will definitely need a ladder or steps - I'm 6'2" and can't even wash the roof without steps.
Here's ours. Halfords Exodus box. Pleased with it. I have Thule bars, but I don't have the Citroen roof rails. If you do, you'd get bars that attach to them

Fitting the damn thing is hard but loading is ok ish standing on the door sills. As you can see I mount mine off centre so I can reach... Also bear in mind height restrictions when driving.

I wouldn't be without it though...

[Image: d16244a07f15338e76bfeca0140d1186.jpg]
...and doofer is right - heavy cases in the boot. I find ours useful for camping tables chairs and sleeping bags - that kind of thing. Basically the stuff that previously was blocking my rear view mirror.

Oh and wait till the Halfords boxes are on offer. They nearly always are. Then they're good value IMO, but the Exodus ones, not the cheaper range...
I use a Thule box on my Berlingo, with Thule cross bars.  It's easy to fit as it has the advantage of being able to open it both sides, so no leaning across to reach the other side fittings.  Being a shortie (5'8") I need a small step ladder to load it safely although I can just about do it standing on the door sills.  It makes packing for our holidays to France a breeze.

2013 XTR 1.6 HDi 90