Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aberdeen Newbie
Hi All,

Just thought I would say hello and tell you a little about my Berlingo

My 04 Berlingo was an MOT Failure given to me by my dad as the garage told him it would cost a fortune to fix so he bought a Peugeot Partner just for a change of badge. I was looking for a project but never though of a van till it was dropped off and I was told it was my problem now.

So I went through the list for parts needed to fix what it failed on and it isn't too bad ban goes as follows

Exhaust Silencer £24.25
Middle Section £15.00 (Just replacing as the old one looks worse for wear)
Exhaust Clamp £1.38 and £2.22
Oil Cooler £41.64
Oil Filter £4.08
Oil £19.99
Wheel Bearing £22.62
Wiper Blades £10.80

So for £141.98 it should go through its MOT with ease.

The garage flagged up the oil in the coolant as a massive problem and after reading various forum it would seem the Oil Cooler is the culprit so that's the first thing to be done.

So the plan is to fix it with in the next 2 months as and when I can get time at the garage, all parts will be bought on Friday, The clean up the inside as my dad works on building sites and has never heard of a hoover before then use it for a couple of months then sell her one and look for my next project.
Hi & welcome.You'll probably find after a couple of months you'll want to keep it. Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hello Bruce welcome to the forum you know once you get the bug once you change the oil cooler flush the engine coolant out but don't panic if you still find a bit of oil in the coolant after a week or two it's hard to get rid of it all    Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post
I cant wait to start the work like I say its not a massive list I could knock it out in a weekend if the wife and kids went away but if I do it one bit at a time then is should see me through a month or so.

As for wanting to keep it I'm not so sure when my daily car is an Impreza.
(14-07-2015, 08:41 AM)Bruce_19 Wrote:  I cant wait to start the work like I say its not a massive list I could knock it out in a weekend if the wife and kids went away but if I do it one bit at a time then is should see me through a month or so.

As for wanting to keep it I'm not so sure when my daily car is an Impreza.

LOL How much stuff can you get in your Impreza   Wink good in the snow though  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It's an estate so I can get in quote a lot and you should see the looks I get when I appear at the tip with a done up scooby with the back full of grass, old slabs and wood lol.

But I have just been at the van cleaning it for 2 hours and it badly needs a Hoover which I'm planning doing tomorrow. Love how high it is compared to the scooby I've been underneath it as well today and it's not bad at all so work will start on fixing next week once I buy the parts over the weekend.