Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trackstar gps to tomtom
hello ...a query regards the citroen added trackstar gps system which i must say i am not that pleased with...from what i have read this is likely to be powered by a male 10 pin mini usb (please correct me if i am wrong)....anyway i was looking for an adaptor to convert this to run my trusty old tom-tom sat nav which is to my knowledge a micro usb

if anyone has found or made such an adapter i would really appreciate tany help ....and I thank you in anticipation
(05-08-2015, 09:13 PM)carloski Wrote:  hello ...a query regards the citroen added trackstar gps system which i must say i am not that pleased with...from what i have read this is likely to be powered by a male 10 pin mini usb (please correct me if i am wrong)....anyway i was looking for an adaptor to convert this to run my trusty old tom-tom sat nav which is to my knowledge a micro usb

if anyone has found or made such an adapter i would really appreciate tany help ....and I thank you in anticipation

I'm sorry I can't give you the exact help I'd like to, as it was nearly 3 years since I converted the cable on mine and it is well buried in the side pillar of the van.
I bought a convertor from CPC (just google it n look at CPC Farnell's website) and it just plugged it in.

I first matched up the connector by googling pictures until I got the names/types for both "sides" of the connector. My TomTom cable was an ordinary USB "A type" connector, but this connected to the van Satnav cable without a hitch, using the adapter.

Be aware the van cable is live all the time, so you need to disconnect/switch off the TomTom if you connect to it (something to do with the tracking system I believe).

Wish I could help more.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement…
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Argos69 for this post
(11-08-2015, 04:11 PM)Argos69 Wrote:  
(05-08-2015, 09:13 PM)carloski Wrote:  hello ...a query regards the citroen added trackstar gps system which i must say i am not that pleased with...from what i have read this is likely to be powered by a male 10 pin mini usb (please correct me if i am wrong)....anyway i was looking for an adaptor to convert this to run my trusty old tom-tom sat nav which is to my knowledge a micro usb

I'm sorry I can't give you the exact help I'd like to, as it was nearly 3 years since I converted the cable on mine and it is well buried in the side pillar of the van.
I bought a convertor from CPC (just google it n look at CPC Farnell's website) and it just plugged it in.

I first matched up the connector by googling pictures until I got the names/types for both "sides" of the connector. My TomTom cable was an ordinary USB "A type" connector, but this connected to the van Satnav cable without a hitch, using the adapter.

Be aware the van cable is live all the time, so you need to disconnect/switch off the TomTom if you connect to it (something to do with the tracking system I believe).

Wish I could help more.
Argos69 ...thank you for your feedback ...i will look at the CPC site and see what i can come up with...again much appreaciated
regards
C