Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Wash?
How many of you use Drive Thru's to clean your Berlingo?

I can't stand a dirty vehicle, I wash mine weekly during the winter and whenever it looks dirty in the summer and try as much as I cant to do it by hand at home but I can't always find the time so when needs must I used the local car wash as they run a buy 4 get the 5th free deal.

Since I switched to a Berlingo in April I have yet to stick it through a car wash and its starting to drive me nuts as I don't have the time to wash it at home. Biggest concerns are Roof Rails, Body Kit (The plastics along the sills) and the shinny chrome effect on the front bumper.

Am I just being and idiot or will the chrome effect on the front end up scratched to hell?
14 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR
Not Berlingo but a few years ago I was persuaded against my better judgement to put my Rover P6 through the local car wash and the paint on the bonnet leading edge was scuffed rather badly, I realise the modern paint and other finishes are somewhat different these days but for me its been case of never again !
I take mine thru a drive thru wash about every two to three months. After nearly five years I've never had a problem. It's one of these Soft Wash places. Lots of Mercedes go thru too and they don't seem to complain.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
The one I use has the wider cork like tassels on the brushes and don't seem to beat the s**t out of your vehicle like the neighboring garage wash does. Took my previous toyota through that one and was left with loads of little lines on the bumpers and mirrors where it had effectively wire brushed my car! I now only use the ones fitted with the larger tassels.
I never wash mine, I let the rain clean it up. It has worked for me over the past 2 years.
I only wash mine when it's raining.The muck is softened & I don't have to rinse it.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I wash mine by hand every 5000 miles without fail. I reckon over-frequent washing will do more harm than good to the paint. I sometimes wash the windscreen with a sponge between if it's mucky.

This was our first brand new motor, so I have a no car wash rule. My previous one was a mass of swirls in the sun from them.
Never had an issue with my Blue or Black Toyota's swirling from washing, The red one however (Never buying another Red vehicle again) was already showing a few marks when it got it at 2 year old.

Berlingo is Blue.
I don't know why anyone uses the mechanical car washes when there are so many good handwashes around. My local does a wash and wax for a fiver, includes cleaning the door and hatchback reveals. The car is always spotless and I don't have to get out to check if anything has fallen off.
Always wash mine by hand i hate to say it as ron said better to do it when it's raining there are some very good waterless wash and wax around these day's and sealer's if you only want to do it every six month's but never use a sponge  Rolleyes
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy