Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo heater blower fault
Hi all,

I've got a problem with my 1.6HDI Berlingo (58 plate Multispace) where the blower has stopped working (not good when the car is , mostly driven by my heavily pregnant wife and we are currently experiencing a mini heatwave - even in Manchester!).

Initially the 1-3 speed settings stopped working and so the blower only worked on full speed or not at all. Now the blower will not work at all, although sometimes turning the speed dial will get it to work for a short time. I've noticed that the wiring to the control knob gets extremely hot when the blower does work.         

I've seen that there is a common problem with the heater resistor in the control unit and so I thought I might start with this as there is an online company that seems to recondition them. But I've tried to follow the instructions on the web to locate and remove the blower and still can't locate it. Can anyone give me some guidance on where to find it/how to remove? Also are there any other likely causes based on these symptoms?

I've removed the glovebox and attached some photos of what I can see from the passenger footwell (sorry pictures are sideways!).

Hoping to get this fixed before my wife melts!

Many thx,

Ant
Hi Ant welcome to the forum sorry I have not got a B9 but have a look at this link it shows the blower motor with blower resistor pack in place and removed in picture 4.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Berlingo-Heater-Blower-Motor-With-Fan-Resistor-From-08-14-/321815594806?hash=item4aedb44736
Its more than likely the resistor pack as the give away is it failing on the first 3 speeds.
Hopefully another member will come along with more info.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post
Sounds similar to what happened to mine ... Heater motor had gone! New one from Euro Car Parts £56. Auto electrician £25. Air con and heater all fine now!

Apparently, phase 1 of the break down is the speeds going, then total failure ...

The auto elec thumped hard where the motor is under the passenger side dash, and it limped into life momentarily, so he knew that was my problem ...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Corinne Howarth for this post
(16-08-2015, 11:12 PM)Corinne Howarth Wrote:  Sounds similar to what happened to mine ... Heater motor had gone! New one from Euro Car Parts £56. Auto electrician £25. Air con and heater all fine now!

Apparently, phase 1 of the break down is the speeds going, then total failure ...

The auto elec thumped hard where the motor is under the passenger side dash, and it limped into life momentarily, so he knew that was my problem ...

Hi both, thanks for the replies so far. Turning the dials will sometimes bring the blower back on and so it has not totally gone as yet which makes me think it may be the resistors. I'm not sure if the aircon makes the blower hard to get to but it does not seem to be anywhere obvious under the passenger side dash. Thx
You could go down your friendly citroen dealer and have a look on the parts computer or if there is a technician on his break have a word with them. Normally they are easy to get at, have you looked up the drivers side foot well to see if its accessible from there.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace