Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comfy front seats, please!
I'm really pleased with my 04 reg Desire 2.0 ... But, oh dear! The front seats are uncomfortable! And they don't fold forward!

What seats can I swap in their place that will be nice and comfy on very long journeys, and fold forward (preferably flat) to make sleeping easier?

There was a thread on here about seats, but I can't find it now ...

Any help would be much appreciated ... Especially by my back!

Thanks ...
(16-08-2015, 10:52 PM)Corinne Howarth Wrote:  I'm really pleased with my 04 reg Desire 2.0 ... But, oh dear! The front seats are uncomfortable! And they don't fold forward!

What seats can I swap in their place that will be nice and comfy on very long journeys, and fold forward (preferably flat) to make sleeping easier?

There was a thread on here about seats, but I can't find it now ...

Any help would be much appreciated ... Especially by my back!

Thanks ...

Looks like no one wants to talk to you Corinne ,i dont mind though but dont tell the wife . Ive got a 02 1.9 Multispace that had the most godawful seats that had collapsed.I managed to get hold of a couple of 08 van seats off ebay but had to spend a serious amount of time converting the fittings for a good fit.The problem with the mk 2 models is that the front seats are bolted to the edge of the inner cill and the center fixings are flat on the floor,i hope all this is making sense to you.Most vehicles seats are bolted directly to the floor on both sides.Trust  the French to be different ,and who mentioned Waterloo , anyway if you know someone whos handy like Andy,i guess you would be able to fit any seat assuming that you could use the original sliders and dont forget the electrical connections on the seat belts,leave them disconnected and the air bag light will come on !! At least mine are now extremely comphy and supportive ,the back folds down flat and the passenger seat has a little office and cupholders on the back of it,lovely. Big Grin Maybe that helps maybe not,but its been nice talking to you.
I have an 57 reg desire & find the seats brilliant.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Thank you, too!!
If you could get some seats from a 2 door saloon car they fold forward to allow passenger access to the rear seats. Then you need someone handy with a grinder and/or welder to fit the runners from the Berlingo seat to the replacement seats. Most vehicle seat subframes are bolted to the floor wherever it is convenient for the manufacturer to make a hole and bolt them down. It might get complicated if your front seats have airbags fitted.
So where does this bit go then ?
Do Picasso seats fit?
I take it no one knows then!