Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning readable music CD-s for Berlingo
Hello everyone!

Do you guys know how to burn readable CD-s for 2006 december Berlingo? I tried to burn with Windows Media Player but it didnt play in the car. Anyone have experience on this issue?
Make sure it's an audio CD, not a load of computer files - it should be if you used WMP.

Use a CD-R - many CD players won't play CD-RW disks.
(20-08-2015, 09:52 AM)doofer Wrote:  Make sure it's an audio CD, not a load of computer files - it should be if you used WMP.

Use a CD-R - many CD players won't play CD-RW disks.
Thank you for your response.

I am using CD-R discs to burn audio CDs. They have capacity of 700mb and speed 52x. I burned with windows media player, yet the disc doesnt work in the car.
You may need to use something like these:

I don't know what the difference between normal and Audio CD-Rs are, but I do know that they are different. Also, more expensive...
Standard CDs are 650MB (74min), not 700MB - this may be the problem.

Audio CDR's are just an attempt at copyright protection - some hifi CD recorders check that they are one otherwise they won't record onto it. They will allow music to be recorded onto them, but won't allow music to be copied from them, so you can't make a copy-of-a-copy using hifi CD recorders. They also include a 3% payment that goes to the poor starving pop stars and music industry - chauffeurs and lobster don't come for free you know. I believe they're exactly the same otherwise.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
None of the above, the solution is simply to use a better program and not Windows Media Player. Make a .cue file and burn it. You don't need Audio CD-R, CD-RW also works fine. CD-RW is the best option as you will quickly get bored out of the 20 songs in a week. Size of the disc also is irrelevant.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Kokain for this post
I'm pretty sure WMP does burn textbook audio CDs no problem.
CD players can be choosy as well. I have a multi player that will not look at recorded discs but a single deck on the same system will play anything you put in it. It might be something to do with the laser azimuth or some other magic.
So where does this bit go then ?