Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater blower but not the usual problem
Hi, my partner quiksilvers heater blower doesn't function properly. It has the usual symptoms of not switching on and occasionally coming on when it wants too, but even when it comes on and blowing full it sounds like it's working away but virtually no air is coming out of the vents as if somehow the passage for the air is blocked.

Any ideas as my local garage told me it would be expensive for them to remove the dash to investigate and with winter approaching it will be required soon in Scotland.

Thanks for any advice

Regards

Marc
Check the pollen filter. It may be blocked (would also overheat the resistor pack)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Col for this post:
  • Sweeneymarc
Great I'll gave a look thanks
It seems from other research on here that it doesn't have a pollen filter as it's the non aircon one a 2006. Back to the drawing board, thanks for the suggestion anyway
Look in the front scuttle tray by the wiper's where the rain water goes the in let vent for the heater fan may be blocked with muck and old leaves
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(31-08-2015, 08:32 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Look in the front scuttle tray by the wiper's where the rain water goes the in let vent for the heater fan may be blocked with muck and old leaves
Removed the cover under the wipers today
and couldn't see where the intake was but no obvious sign of leaves etc, fixe
d a loose wire on the fan so it comes on on demand now but although it sounds like it's working hard through each setting still very little airflow, any ideas?
And the heater is working fine too, just very very little airflow, trying to avoid an expensive trip to the garage as I imagine sourcing the problem and removing the dash could cost alot of hours in labour.
Thanks for the replies and for any future ones

Regards

Marc
Just a thought You could try a smoke match in the intake to the blower or pollen filter then try all the vent and blower settings to give you some idea where the ducting could be blocked or become detached.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I had a similar problem with my Bipper - in that case it was the numpties at Peugeot had damaged the pollen filter cover and air was just blowing out behind the dash and not the vents.

Sure some of the ducting hasn't worked loose somewhere?
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Have you checked the cables on the heater controls. Maybe unclipped and not operating the internal flaps ?
(29-09-2015, 11:31 AM)DaveH Wrote:  Have you checked the cables on the heater controls. Maybe unclipped and not operating the internal flaps ?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll try and remove more dash to get in at it for a better look this sat,and check everyone's suggestions, anyone know where the fan draws air in from as it's not that obvious or I may be being stupid?

Thanks again

Marc