Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to locate the right clutch cable, timing belt for M.SPACE 2006 HDI 2.
Dear Forum members.
i have just purchased a 2006 Berlingo Multispace HDI with 2.0 diesel engine last week and yesterday found a small tear on the cam belt and also need to change the clutch cable. 
I'm into two days of searching still could not pin point which exact parts i would need. Searched the forums here and saw a reference to Citroen ServiceBOx but not having the codes for access. 
I have located online various lengths of clutch cable ranging from 1576mm (eicher) to 1730mm (on ebay) all saying compatible. 
As for the timing belt there are various brands and kits promising a fit by the reg plate search but how can i be sure?
Could anyone point me to the right direction please?
thanks in advance, rob
Are you sure its the cam belt you want and not the serpentine belt (the ribbed belt on the alternator)?

Try ether GSF or Euro car parts - you can find them on the web they will check you vehicle with Citroen and tell you if its a straight part or there is a choice of different parts.

It is not unusual for a choice of parts that may fit - sometimes its a matter of removing the old part and taking it in so they can match it up.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post
(20-09-2015, 04:45 PM)polar Wrote:  Are you sure its the cam belt you want and not the serpentine belt (the ribbed belt on the alternator)?

Try ether GSF or Euro car parts - you can find them on the web they will check you vehicle with Citroen and tell you if its a straight part or there is a choice of different parts.

It is not unusual for a choice of parts that may fit - sometimes its a matter of removing the old part and taking it in so they can match it up.

Thanks, actually  both belts will be changed. Seems the person to person in shop could clear the doubts as Euro carparts did not list any clutch cable for online query but in the shop they had it no problem. It still might not be the right one , but as you said they can match that up later. thanks again
Glad you are on your way to getting it sorted