Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear shift linkage
After giving the Berlingo a good cleaning up inside (seats out etc to give it a proper session) I was in the mood so continued to complete a couple of niggling problems.   Main one being the sloppy gearshift.   Pretty simple job all done from above the car.  Made a huge difference.

Next on the list is to swap the whole exhaust heat shield as I just couldn`t get the front section out so just did the turbo / head part.
Also noticed the oily residue around number 3 injector (as expected) so ordered a full set of seals etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-10-2015, 04:30 PM)markyr2k1 Wrote:  Also noticed the oily residue around number 3 injector (as expected) so ordered a full set of seals etc.

Have you ordered the pipes as well, they are use once items and leak if you reuse them. It gets very messy
So where does this bit go then ?
What exactly was required to " fix " the sloppy change ?
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Good work and good luck with the injector's let us know how you get on  Cool
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I had sloppy gear change that went worse and eventually snapped, it cost me £60 for a new arm, the job to change it wasn't to bad, took me about an hour..
(04-10-2015, 06:28 PM)geoff Wrote:  What exactly was required to " fix " the sloppy change ?

A sloppy gear change kit!   It's a 3 Part kit to replace the Linkage.  All from eBay.   Just search for Berlingo gear linkage....

M
Cheers !
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
What Berlingo do you have? I'm doing the gear linkage on my 2.00HDI and find it difficult to access even with the battery tray removed. According to Haynes manual the only way to remove the induction pipe completely is to remove the engine and that is not happening any time soon. So any tips would be appreciated I should add that two of the links have disengaged at one end leaving the metal center stuck on the pivot levers .
(19-10-2015, 10:42 PM)Edward Howie Wrote:  What Berlingo do you have? I'm doing the gear linkage on my 2.00HDI and find it difficult to access even with the battery tray removed. According to Haynes manual the only way to remove the induction pipe completely is to remove the engine  and that is not happening any time soon. So any tips would be appreciated I should add that two of the links have disengaged at one end leaving the metal centre stuck on the pivot levers .

That's what happened to my niece's Peugeot. I jacked it up and knocked it off upwards with a hammer and a length of wood. It's easy enough to reach down with the new one and click it into place.
So where does this bit go then ?
(20-10-2015, 07:34 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  
(19-10-2015, 10:42 PM)Edward Howie Wrote:  What Berlingo do you have? I'm doing the gear linkage on my 2.00HDI and find it difficult to access even with the battery tray removed. According to Haynes manual the only way to remove the induction pipe completely is to remove the engine  and that is not happening any time soon. So any tips would be appreciated I should add that two of the links have disengaged at one end leaving the metal centre stuck on the pivot levers .

That's what happened to my niece's Peugeot. I jacked it up and knocked it off upwards with a hammer and a length of wood. It's easy enough to reach down with the new one and click it into place.