Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
hi there my first post and ive a problem :brickwall: is there anyway of setting the keypad to defaut ie 1111.
i once entered the wrong code a few times and had to wait 30 mins for it to reset and that worked fine,this time i stalled the van after starting up and tried to restart but after putting the code in i find the green light coming on but the red light is also on.
it wont let me change the code either as im only getting 4 beeps then the keypad doesnt respond...any help greatly appreciated...regs KEV
Has your vehicle had an aftermarket keypad operated immobiliser fitted ?

If yes and it is faulty best remove it & go back to standard, trace wires back thru harness find out what it inhibits & connect wiring back to standard.
Or get a like for like replacement & fit.

If its declared on your insurance don`t forget to advise them of it`s removal if declared on policy !
What vehicle do you have ?
2003 Citroën Berlingo 2.0HDi Multispace Desire
If it's anything like the keypad for the Xantia you can set the code. Wasn't aware of Berlingos having the keypad though.

To change the code for a Xantia you do the following Put your code in. Press C. Put new code in and press C again. It should beep and go to green. That's the only way to reset it I'm aware off. Did it a couple of times on my Xantia when one of the buttons decided it wasn't going to work as often as I wanted it to.
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
Our old ZX had a keypad immobiliser - I think it was standard on the 'special edition' (Elation II) we got. As the Berlingo is based on the ZX, it seems reasonable that some might have the keypad - earlier ones maybe? I think Mike has got the procedure right. There's also a procedure for setting it to a service mode, so you don't need to give the garage your code. I wonder it that's what might have happened, as I think it might put both lights on to alert you. There is also a reset procedure, but I can't remember what it is. Have a look in the resources page on this site - there's a link to a site for manuals and you might find one there. If not for the Berlingo, try the ZX/Xsara/Xantia manuals.
The Bus: 2009 MkIII VTR HDi 90, 7 Seater