Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75ps HDi
I am looking for some advice! I'm looking at getting a pre registered berlingo 75ps. its the latest model but doesn't have the new blueHDi engine, they will arrive in the vans early next year i believe. so the question is do i hang on for the new engine with six speed gearbox or pick up a good deal on the old engine? has anyone got the new engine in the Multispace (I think they aleady have the blueHDi engine) and is it much better? 

thanks in advance
I don't but I do have the 90ps engine. Personally I wouldn't bother with the 75 and I'm not sure I'd get the 100ps blueHDI for another year or so until they've ironed out any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tree for this post
I'm looking around at the moment for another Berlingo ( currently 1.9d ) and have had a couple of road tests as part of testing a potential vehicle for suitability - my wife said that 75 would be fine as we don't need a rocket ship but having tried a 75 and a 92 there is only one contender and that is the 92 HP ..... more power, same mpg as a 75 and cheaper tax too.

If I was you I'd have a road test of both variants even if for an older model ( same power engines ) as you are looking to spend a lot of money and to get the wrong model would be a crime ! Just my views of course ........
[+] 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post
only the 120ps one comes with the manual 6 speed gearbox, just so you know,
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
(26-11-2015, 02:03 PM)ATL_driver Wrote:  only the 120ps one comes with the manual 6 speed gearbox, just so you know,

the new BlueHDI will also have the option of six speed manual
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
Thanks for all your help, it appears the majority of the pre registered vans are the 75ps engines if i go for the 90, as Tree and Geoff suggest that limits my choice to two vans. I think from the feedback i may wait until the new engine arrives next year and hope that doesn't cost me loads more!
It will be my main vehicle, i currently run a Merc 220 auto, its lease is up next year and i'm over on the miles so going to run a van instead of wasting money on a car just to go to work and back. (its costing me 9p per mile now ochh!)
(26-11-2015, 03:27 PM)Ash13 Wrote:  Thanks for all your help, it appears the majority of the pre registered vans are the 75ps engines if i go for the 90, as Tree and Geoff suggest that limits my choice to two vans. I think from the feedback i may wait until the new engine arrives next year and hope that doesn't cost me loads more!
It will be my main vehicle, i currently run a Merc 220 auto, its lease is up next year and i'm over on the miles so going to run a van instead of wasting money on a car just to go to work and back. (its costing me 9p per mile now ochh!)

Have you looked at the Multispace? Mine doubles as our one and only car, and my business delivery van. Once you take the back seats out it's a van, although it's carpeted and has windows - this may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on what your load is (just clean boxes in my case, so not a problem). It also has a tailgate instead of doors, so you can't load with a forklift, but you get a shelter when it rains. It's much quieter than a van, due to the soundproofing.

I've also got an auto gearbox, plus climate control and auto lights and wipers. So you don't need to rough it when you're downgrading from a Merc! Actually it's probably as comfy as a Merc - the front seats are superb, even with an armrest each.
Hi Doofer, I haven't looked at the multi space for two reasons, one I want three front seats (one for the dog who hates not being up front!) and two I can get all the VAT back from Mr HM revenue! I was considering a combi van so we would have the added seats however they are based on the ugly (my opinion) L2 and only have two front seats not the dual seats as in the van. And for the record my seats in the Merc are awful! I made a mistake having the car, I didn't even go for a test drive or to a dealer!! So probably over researching the Berlingo as I don't want to make another expensive mistake. Thanks for your comments though

Still not made my mind up!! Most of the 90ps engines seem to have been sold now, so I either wait until the BlueHdi gets into the showroom or do a deal on a Pre reg 75ps (my old transit connect was 75ps and I didn't have any problems with that being too slow, it is a van after all! So may just opt for the 75ps with the "look" pack

Get 75 and tune it to 92 ?