Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting new speedo/dash.
I want to fit a new speedo to my berlingo because the previous owner has taken out the led for the airbag and another light. If I swap it will my mileage be correct or is it stored in the speedo. Also does it need coding or is it plug and play? Thanks in advance.
Hi bowser welcome to the forum, if you do a search on the forum for speedo it will bring up a load of threads and some on the subject you are looking for. I seem to remember that if you change the dash the bsi retains your mileage but will not display it. It can be set up correctly but you will need to connect it up to lexia/diagbox diagnostic equipment.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post
Hi tomcat3, thanks for the advice. I did have a brief look but couldn't see anything. I think I'll leave it for now. The diagnostic equipment looks pretty expensive, just had to have a new head gasket on my 1.9d so i won't have funds for it this year Sad. Great van apart from that, I was a bit skeptical being a VW guy but I'm massively impressed with it!
(25-11-2015, 11:54 PM)Bowser100 Wrote:  I want to fit a new speedo to my berlingo because the previous owner has taken out the led for the airbag and another light. If I swap it will my mileage be correct or is it stored in the speedo. Also does it need coding or is it plug and play? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the speedo but I am pretty sure if your Airbag light doesn't come on [and then go out again] when you start up, it is a MOT failure, so you will need to fix it before your next MOT. 

Removing the LED [as the previous owner has done] will still mean it fails as the Airbag light has to come on and then go out. I suspect the other light that has been removed is the passenger airbag light? 

The normal reason that people removed these in the past was that there was an airbag [or wiring fault]  I've just fixed the wiring on mine today!
(26-11-2015, 11:31 PM)Bowser100 Wrote:  Hi tomcat3, thanks for the advice. I did have a brief look but couldn't see anything. I think I'll leave it for now. The diagnostic equipment looks pretty expensive, just had to have a new head gasket on my 1.9d so i won't have funds for it this year Sad. Great van apart from that, I was a bit skeptical being a VW guy but I'm massively impressed with it!

Where in Surrey are you?
I have Lexia and go to Camberley every few weeks.
Hi Col, I'm in Farnham. I'm not to sure on the fate of my Berlingo at the moment. I went to pick it up from the garage and they couldn't start it. Once they did it looked like a smoke machine and wouldn't clear, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully it's nothing major though :Sad