Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
citroen berlingo 12v accessory to add safety camera
Hi I world like to 12v accessory in my boot is wireing all ready they in my Citroen berlingo multispace 59 vtr to add safety camera to back window needs to be on when ignition is truned on and off
I added the boot light/torch unit to mine and the wiring was already in place under the side wall covering on right side of auto. Not sure if things are reversed on a RHD vehicle.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Yes it will be - there is a connector block inside the trim on the boot side (left hand side looking into the tailgate). However as standard there won't be any power to it. To power it up you stick a 40amp fuse in one of the spare fuse positions under the bonnet (there are fuse diagrams online)
Perhaps they've changed things recently, as my 64-reg had no wiring there at all.

Officially, you should get a new boot side panel to house the thing too. I cut out around the marked line OK, but there's no bracket behind to mount it. The bracket is part of the alternative panel that's fitted if it's selected as a factory option.

I sat down with the parts bloke at the dealer, and he reckoned that a different wiring loom is now fitted if this option is chosen.

Here's the thread I wrote about it all - I got it done in the end, wired off the cigar lighter at the top of the same panel for torch charging, and the top interior light to light the boot up.

The problem discussion...

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-10924.html

My solution...

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-11052.html
This is to add a safety camera to the back so when car is turned on camera will work
(18-12-2015, 05:42 PM)terrys2207 Wrote:  This is to add a safety camera to the back so when car is turned on camera will work

Power is power, whatever it's for.

I'm just saying that there was no power there on mine. But mine's fitted on the right, not the left - where the marked panel for the boot light is. I don't know why there'd be power behind the left panel, as I believe the torch that the power would be there for is always fitted on the right. Unless something changed at some point?

Anyway - you could take the power from the back of the rear lighter socket if you have one, if there's no other option. This is on and off with the ignition. It might be an idea to put a lower current fuse inline with it though, perhaps in a panel-mount fuseholder drilled into the panel somewhere.
The power for the boot torch looking in from the boot is on the right hand side the power for the tow itch thick white cable is on the left under the panel and need's a 40 amp fuse put in in the engine bay you have to lift the fuse box and you will see the spare place for the 40 amp fuse to go
PS it's a perm live
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It seems that they revised it at some point, so that if you didn't get the torch as an option then you don't get the cable. I sat down with the bloke at the dealer and went through it - we checked mine against another with the torch and the wiring harness was a different part number.

But if it's a permanent live then it's no use for a camera anyway, or you'll get a flat battery if you leave it parked for a few days. The rear lighter socket (if fitted) is a good source of power, as it's got lots of current capability and is on and off with the ignition. You'd have to cable inside the back pillar (remove the rear light for access), then across the inside of the roof lining to the flexible tube that connects to the tailgate (if we're talking about a multispace). If it's a van then it's probably easier.
(20-12-2015, 10:07 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  The power for the boot torch looking in from the boot is on the right hand side the power for the tow itch thick white cable is on the left under the panel and need's a 40 amp fuse put in in the engine bay you have to lift the fuse box and you will see the spare place for the 40 amp fuse to go
PS it's a perm live

Sorry - yes you're absolutely right. I was deliberately after that 40 amp feed as I was using it to power a subwoofer...