Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a long standing Citroen owner
As in owning Citroens for a long time, not standing up for a long time.

A bit about me.  I live just outside Cambridge, close to a small, excellent family Citroen dealership (Duxford) and not too far from a giant not so good one.   Good indie nearby as well.  I have done lots of diy work on cars in the past but tend to pay people to do it for me now, I'm a bit past crawling underneath and wrestling with heavy objects.

Past cars in the family include Hillman Hunter which did 170k miles before a piston ring broke, Maxi with Cyprus Rally suspension,  Renault 5 Gordini, VW Type 2 camper,  a pair of Dyanes and a 2CV Dolly (wish I still had one of the Dyanes), Visa 1.7D, BX 19 RD, BX TZD Turbo, then came Company cars, Cavalier CDi, Granada, Scorpio, Saab 9-3, Volvo V70, then self employed so back to owning sensible things - Xantia 1.8 auto, Xsara Picasso, Saab 9-5, C3 1.4 diesel (for the children to learn in).  That sounds  a lot of cars, but its been a long time and lots of miles. I get something I like, about 2 years old, and keep it as long as its sensible.

So now we have a C5 tourer, X7 shape VTR+ 163, the Synergie 1.9TD and a recent C3 3 pot petrol - a rare exception bought new as the deal was very good.  

I don't own a  Berlingo, but I am thinking about getting one to replace the Synergie which I have owned from new in 1998. Maybe even go down to 2 cars, get rid of the C5 in a few months as well.  We do need the load space - my son is a music student, percussion, so we need to move big instruments at times.   

Reading posts here and asking a few question about Berlingos seems a good place to start.  I will reciprocate with information when I can.
Richard

When things appear to be going well, you have overlooked something.
Hello Richard welcome to the forum all Knowledge is welcome. Smile Hillman Hunter  Maxi wow that take's me back and that is some car list . Cool
If you can't find what your looking for just ask i'm sure some one or two will be along to help you.  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hello Richard and welcome to the forum.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Hi & welcome Richard.Have a good look at the Berlingo.It's a sensibly priced practical car.I'm just about to get my 2nd.
Big Grin PS.I had a Hunter est,a great car.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy