Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any dealers on here?
Hi folks, just wondering if there are any dealers that are members on the forum?

I am looking to sell my Berlingo XTR auto, and was wondering what it is worth? It's a December 2014 on a 64 plate with 10500 miles on it. It is in White and has factory Sat Nav, Auto lights and wipers and Climate Control and as I am getting a car through work, I need to sell it privately. It was serviced last month and is in perfect condition.

So I was hoping if any dealers have a Glass's guide and could help with an idea of how much I could get for it?

Thanks!
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
Dealers don't like to tell you what's in their Glass's Guide, sort of a trade secret thing. Nowadays some of them tend to go more on age, miles and condition and offer what they think you will bite at rather than follow the guide which is all about maximising profit for them at all costs. Smaller dealers will have more wiggle room than big franchises and we buy any car type outfits who are a bit of a gamble (or a joke sometimes). If you look on sites like autotrader at comparable vehicles then if you are selling privately take off what you are comfortable with to try to attract buyers. Autotrader has a few that sound comparable to yours around the £10.5k to £11k mark.
So where does this bit go then ?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ffrenchie for this post
Thanks ffrenchie!
Try using " Parkers " free car valuation for some indication ........ thy will ask for your email, telephone number, postcode and name but all you have to do is invent these details for no further contact etc ...

Input your registration here .. http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/
[+] 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post
Is there any difference to Glass's Guide & the ones like Parkers you buy in the newspaper shop or is it just smoke & mirrors? Glass's do valuations on their website as well.
I don't know Opensauce, but I thought that Glass's might be more accurate.
(23-01-2016, 08:27 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  Hi folks, just wondering if there are any dealers that are members on the forum?

I am looking to sell my Berlingo XTR auto, and was wondering what it is worth? It's a December 2014 on a 64 plate with 10500 miles on it. It is in White and has factory Sat Nav, Auto lights and wipers and Climate Control and as I am getting a car through work, I need to sell it privately. It was serviced last month and is in perfect condition.

So I was hoping if any dealers have a Glass's guide and could help with an idea of how much I could get for it?

Thanks!

Autotrader has the functionality to provide both the selling and buying value based on prices advertised on their portal. I believe this functionality is only available to registered AutoTrader users which is free.  Also maybe worth trying Honest John which also graphs selling prices by year. Finally as an absolute minimum price value you can get (that is, you are being ripped off if you sell it at that price) you could try one of the online "..... buy your car" portals to get a feel

HTH
[+] 1 user says Thank You to manuk for this post
I was in a similar position once when I switched from owning to leasing for a couple of years.

I got a fair idea of its value first, then spent a day driving round the used car dealers in the area. I found it's a lot better to just turn up than to ring first. I got a fair price in the end, just don't expect any more than trade price. It was gone and turned into money within a couple of days of phoning back the dealer that had made the best offer.

The one that bought mine said he wasn't interested when I turned up. This was just one of the silly car dealer's psychological games it seemed, as I said I only wanted trade value, he looked and gave me the best offer all day.

I know you haven't had yours long and bought it new, so be prepared for a big loss on it, however you sell it.

The other alternative is selling privately, but it can take months and these days nobody wants to pay much more than trade value anyway. Plus you could spend dozens of hours dealing with people.

I think you've added a lot of custom stuff to yours, so you might be best removing as much as possible - it will put a lot of people off.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
Thanks for the advice manuk and doofer both things I could look into.
Just another thought - do your company offer an allowance instead of a car? That way you get to keep the Blingo instead of having the ordeals of taking a loss AND having to drive an ordinary car (yuck!).