Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of buying an 1.6 auto
We've had our Mk2 Berlingo since new in 2004, its been a terrific workhorse but now we are thinking of getting an Auto version, so is the 1.6 Auto a good buy or should I avoid...
Got it in my C4 Grand Picasso - love it
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
That's a positive note, thank you
I see you mention going for an remember that the Berlingo is an automated manual gearbox (EGS) with a single plate dry clutch. I have two, a Berlingo 6 speed & a C3 5 speed, both EGS, love them both.
BUT you cannot drive them exactly like a torque converter full automatic. You will burn the clutch out!
A dealer told me that 85% of EGS users get on fine but about 15% have clutch trouble.
Because of this Citroen are replacing the EGS with a conventional 6 speed automatic gearbox in all their autos. I don't know when this will occur with the Berlingo. I'm told that the new auto uses a bit more fuel.....
Not sure how you can drive it differently as the cpu will be controlling the clutch and gears, we tend to be 'steady away'
Thank for your input!
The best thing you can do is take one for a good test drive to see if you can get on with the gear box some get on with it other can't then you can make the choice .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Thats good advice, I'll give it a go   Smile
No problem every body like's different things we don't drive the same way so it mite suite you. Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It's great - my 1.6 XTR Auto was my first ever auto, and there's no way I'll go back to wiggling a stick around. That gearstick and clutch nonsense belongs in the past, along with the starting handle and trafficator.

It's much better with the brake pedal off a manual fitted - I couldn't get on with the sofa-sized pedal you get as standard.