Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel 1.6 Berlingo Mk 3, how does it rate re pollution
I am not very technical; the brochure information on the engine seems impressive but how does the Citroen rate in general terms with other car makes.
I expect Volkswagon had better ratings  Rolleyes 

The Mk3 came out in 2008 and the standards have changed over those years. The engine has always met the requirements and standards of the countries that they are sold in at the time.
MkIII VTR 1.6hdi Modutop, Climate Pack, 16" Alloys
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Solent for this post
I believe it's one of the best in its class, from the various reviews I've read.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
(05-04-2016, 09:40 AM)doofer Wrote:  I believe it's one of the best in its class, from the various reviews I've read.

theres probably more variation due to lack of servicing and lead foot driving than there is in brochure spec

the more mpg you get the less pollution youre chucking out
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ricc for this post
(11-04-2016, 11:26 AM)ricc Wrote:  
(05-04-2016, 09:40 AM)doofer Wrote:  I believe it's one of the best in its class, from the various reviews I've read.

theres probably more variation due to lack of servicing and lead foot driving than there is in brochure spec

the more mpg you get the less pollution youre chucking out
That's it in a nutshell Smile
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
When I bought mine (18 months ago) it was the only van-based car that was in the £30 road tax bracket. Everything else was £130 and above. Some of the latest ones are £20. I don't know whether the others have caught up yet.

CO2 is completely related to fuel consumption, which is a combination of the driver and the vehicle.

There's also the Nox and soot, but they're all pretty similar on that score - they all do just enough to pass the tests, with or without faking it.
After the VW group scandal the dept for transport recently tested 37 best selling cars independently and found none of them actually met the legal limit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tated.html

"Even the best performer in the tests on vehicles sold before September 1, the Citroen C4, was found to emit nearly three times the permitted amount."
2012(62) XTR 1.6 92bhp Airdream Modutop
So the Citroen was the best of a very bad bunch then.

The problem is probably the limits themselves - if they give impossible and conflicting targets this is what they get. Nox is produced by efficient engines, as it results from having too much oxygen and not enough fuel - squirt plenty fuel in and none would be emitted. But that would lead to a high CO2 output.
Were just running around in circle's which one is worse global warming or chocking to death.  Confused
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Personally I think global warming's deflected a lot of effort from eliminating toxic stuff.

I reckon that after a spike of warmth from the CO2, plants will eventually just grow faster and turn it back into oxygen., as they've always done.