Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EML light and limp home
Evening all,

I was hoping to get a little assistance. 

I needed to replace the battery, which I did yesterday making sure I did it correctly. Since then the EML light has been on. Now I did a BSI reset and the EML went out for a while and then came on again and the engine went into limp home mode.  I stopped and restarted the engine and it ran normally but with the EML light on. I have had a reading of P1197 (key off voltage low) from a generic reader which possibly indicates injectors from what I have read. 

Is is a 2004 2.0 HDi.

Anyone got any ideas or help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

BM
Here you have similar problem....

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...Ft%3D67306

Measure resistance of injector

" faulty has 79kom and everyone else on 200kom "

and report back....

Best regards,
brajomobil
Either a faulty injector or wiring. Measure the resistance of each injector and you will probably find 1 that's out. If they are OK, check wiring injectors to ECU
Thank you guys.

I think I may have found the fault. I have been lucky to borrow a generic code reader and have read the codes as they come up. Now a strange thing is that it goes into limp home move after turning right, usually with a gear change involved. I cleaned all the connections to the injectors and had a look at the loom, found a small snag on a wire, but it hadn't gone through. I taped it up to check but had to wiggle the loom. I took the car for a test to a friend and she ran beautifully until I got to the last roundabout, and limp home mode. Cleared faults and went again to the roundabout and the same again, had a wiggle of the look and lo and behold, lower down a wire is snagged and has gone green. Put tape round it and hut the plastic loom channel and off again, and so far so good. Getting it fixed properly on weds when I have a little more time.

Sorry that was long winded, but just in case you don't want to read all that the fault is more than likely a chaffed wire!

Thank you for the help and figures crossed.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Bigmoose for this post
(11-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Bigmoose Wrote:  Thank you guys.

I think I may have found the fault. I have been lucky to borrow a generic code reader and have read the codes as they come up.  Now a strange thing is that it goes into limp home move after turning right, usually with a gear change involved. I cleaned all the connections to the injectors and had a look at the loom, found a small snag on a wire, but it hadn't gone through.  I taped it up to check but had to wiggle the loom. I took the car for a test to a friend and she ran beautifully until I got to the last roundabout, and limp home mode.  Cleared faults and went again to the roundabout and the same again, had a wiggle of the look and lo and behold, lower down a wire is snagged and has gone green.  Put tape round it and hut the plastic loom channel and off again, and so far so good.  Getting it fixed properly on weds when I have a little more time.

Sorry that was long winded, but just in case you don't want to read all that the fault is more than likely a chaffed wire!

Thank you for the help and figures crossed.
Glad you found it without emptying your wallet Wink
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Almost did empty the wallet Ron, but decided on logical thinking.