Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences VTR and VTR+
What are the differences between a 2014 VTR and a VTR+ or is this just sales talk that doesn't add up to much?

Thanks

Andy
Shetland
(16-04-2016, 05:54 PM)templogin Wrote:  What are the differences between a 2014 VTR and a VTR+ or is this just sales talk that doesn't add up to much?
Hi Andy,

I have the 2014 Berlingo brochure ( as well as a 2014 Berlingo !) - the only models listed are VT, VTR, & XTR - there is  no VTR+ listed, so I'm guessing it's just the local dealer adding some extras to a VTR to get you to buy it.
Whether it adds up to anything depends on what he adds and whether it is any value to you.  Bingos are great cars, but joe public doesn't really get them so the dealers struggle to flog them which puts us as buyers in a strong position.
When I bought mine(XTR) I bought it on the condition they fit the cruise control - when I collected they said they couldn't get it to work, so gave me all the bits and £500 off (otherwise I would've walked).  Fitted the bits myself and Lighty programmed it for around 10% of the discount - bargain
My wife's C4 grand Picasso is a VTR+. No idea the differences between that on a Lingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
I think that the dealer has got confused over 2 14 plate cars on his forecourt. The Plus actually says Plus on the left of the tailgate. It has alloys and aircon. The one that I was lined up to buy doesn't have aircon, not that it would get a lot of use here.
(16-04-2016, 09:20 PM)templogin Wrote:  I think that the dealer has got confused over 2 14 plate cars on his forecourt.  The Plus actually says Plus on the left of the tailgate.  It has alloys and aircon.  The one that I was lined up to buy doesn't have aircon, not that it would get a lot of use here.

Aircon is good for defrosting the windows and drying out the interior even if you don't need it. You can run it with the heat on not just for cooling. I didn't think it was anything I would ever need but it has come in handy on the last couple of cars which had it as standard.
So where does this bit go then ?
The VTR+ was a special with alloys & aircon as standard. The model ran for a couple of yrs until the new face lifted models were introduced.
I wouldn't buy a car without aircon and certainly not a berlingo van without aircon. There is way too much noise at 70mph with the windows open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
I wouldn't be without aircon.As said,it demists quicker & when hot,It's sometimes 30c when I'm in Germany,the comfort is well worth paying the extra for.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
You've got to have air con this day and age stuck in all that traffic no good having the widow down.
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Stuck in traffic? One of the joys of Shetland is that a traffic jam is 15 cars waiting at the roundabout! Rush hour is 8:45 - 9:00 and 5:00 - 5:15.

I have turned down the dealers offer on the non-Plus model. He said that he can't knock anything off the ticket price of the plus, despite it being a cash sale and no part-ex, so I am on the lookout for an XTR again.