Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After market Radio
Hi guys

Just bought a 2011 berlingo multispace xtr and im trying to find out info about adding an after market radio

I've got a jvc unit with built in bluetooth
As I understand I need a patch lead to still be able to use my steering wheel controls can I get One of the from halfrauds?

My van has reversing sensors on it will these still work with an aftermarket radio

What information will be missing from my top screen ie time channel etc

Or would it be simpler to retro fit a genuine bluetooth module from eBay?

Thanks in advance
I presume everyone is using bog standard radios then judging by the lack of replies?
I've got a Kenwood in my Dispatch - same set up as the Berlingo but I didn't fit it myself. I've retained volume & track control on USB, source selection, station selection. I've lost jumping from folder to folder on USB. I can set clock via stalk now instead of via radio. I can't remember if stalk controls phone as don't use it in van often but I think it does.

Reverse sensors still work with beep. There are 2 harnesses apparently - one with beep & one without.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
Ex 2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 115 owner
There has been a few threads lately on fitting aftermarket radios and the kit needed to get it all to work have a search and you should find them.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Just to add - on screen, I now only have trip computer & clock & the proximity graphic when in reverse.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
Ex 2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 115 owner
I got a bargain USB compatible radio from Halfords on their black Friday deal last October - £50 reduced from £150.
Took the precaution of taking the tools to fit it in the car park outside the shop. Needed an adapter harness - £25, then an extra live feed - £10, then some other dongle to get the stalk controls working - £50. After half an hour phaffing about I took all the bits back in & got my money back - they were not amused !!
Just used earphones and a USB charger plugged into the ciggy thing until I got a new XTR
I've installed an aftermarket stereo on my 2009 Berlingo Multispace.
You just need to remove the original stereo and fit the new one. I bought a connects2 patch lead, so I still have steering wheel controls and reverse sensors beep. I can even access the menu through the steering wheel controls.
If you want, you can also fit a double din stereo in it, like I did. Besides the stereo, you need also to remove the tray beneath it, cut the plastic piece between the two and you have a full double din space to mount the new stereo. You may need to buy a new fascia, of course.
What double din unit did you fit ? Any chance of some pics of it in situ ?