Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Con Temp
Hi All

Just wanted to canvas for opinion on the Berlingo air con. From new, mine has been cool, but not cold. It hasn't got worse but just wondered if others have experienced the same? Maybe the Berlingo air con is just not that great, or maybe mine didn't have enough gas from the factory? Just wondered before I go and get it topped up.

Mine is 18 months old.

Got a nice little trip to Italy coming up in the bingo, and want it nice and chilly!

Thanks
All I can say about mine is that it does keep the interior "comfortable" on a hot day. It's not the an arctic gale like I've had on some cars but I find it adequate, especially when I have it just cooling the cabin air (outside intake turned off). That's subjective to be sure but it is tough to be quantitative.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Same here. I got mine brand new, and it's currently 18 months old. It does cool the cabin, but it takes its time. I'm guessing that it's probably the Peugeot 308 system, but with a cabin that's about twice as big then it's going to take longer.

Whatever you do, don't get one of those nasty DIY refill kits from Halfords and elsewhere. I nearly killed my compressor on a previous car with one of them, as it ended up with way too much oil in so was completely jammed. Luckily it didn't pop. It has to be emptied then refilled with the correct amount of gas and oil - topping up is not an option.
My M59 aircon works ace, it's still blowing very cold 6 years after I bought the car!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Mines freezing - but then even with the heating up full chat in the winter it's still freezing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
I've had the system topped up once over the last eight years, it's cold enough considering the large volume of the car and brilliant at demisting when needed.

It's far better then a draughty open window.
MkIII VTR 1.6hdi Modutop, Climate Pack, 16" Alloys
My M59 was colder than my new B9.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Most modern PSA vehicles are not that cold, test it with a thermometer in the vents & they usually come down to about 7 to 10 degrees. A normal fridge is @ 5 degrees.
Some really good systems such as the mk2 Mondeo will actually go down to zero degrees & freeze the inside of the windscreen.
Lots of manufacturers actually short fill their a/c systems, to save a few quid, so will work better after a regas simply because of it being filled correctly.
As said, DO NOT use one of those fit kits, go to a proper a/c guy (like us Smile ) and for £40 get it gassed up & checked .
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post
A lot of vehicles come with insulation covering the suction (cold larger pipe) under the hood and a lot don't . if you insulate this pipe you will increase your a/c efficiency by reducing the load on the system.it will also improve fuel economy by reducing the refrigerant head pressure,less refrigerant leaks, cools down quicker.Make sure to cover the pipe properly ,no splits or gaps to prevent condensation forming on the pipe under the insulation. Only the aluminum pipe is to be covered up to the flexible rubber hose.The high side pipe (hotter thin one)don't cover.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to robfitzi for this post
Thanks for all your replies, sounds like mine is probably normal then but will try a regas, I'll post how it goes.

Good warning on the diy regas, I saw that and thought it was too good to be true, I'll give it a wide berth!