Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo v Partner

I currently own a 09 plate XTR, which has never let us down, apart from the suspension rattle!

We are looking to change it and are looking at a Skoda Yeti and a newer Peugeot (62 plate) Partner, the question I have is-Does the Partner suffer the same suspension problems of the Berlingo?

I'd prefer to stick with the Partner/Berlingo style but don't want the disappointment of owning such a practical vehicle whilst listening to the suspension knocking!

They are the same car, the suspension rattle is not a standard feature, my 08 doesn't have it and it has 107,000 miles under its belt.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Satellitemark for this post
They are the same car AFAIK. Just different badge. They come off the same assembly line. A number of videos on youtube showing the assembly line with a mix of Partners and Berlingos following each other. Löwen here Hasenzähne there. All with the same warts.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post
Thanks for the replies, we're going to see the Partner on Tuesday so will see how it goes.
My 12 plate XTR has never had problems with the suspension.

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post
They need a bit of weight in them to ride nicely. Mine is a bit clunky and skittish when completely empty but rides very smooth with the welder and a load of steel on board.
MkIII VTR 1.6hdi Modutop, Climate Pack, 16" Alloys
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Solent for this post
Mine always rides nicely. Are you calling me a fattie?

Actually I am, so you're probably right.

Mine rattled for the first few thousand miles then it stopped. So either borrow a welder to carry around or eat more pies.

Not really a big deal, but I think the pre-facelift Partner looks a bit blank at the front - it doesn't have a grille. The facelifted one has a big square grille. I liked it at first, but think it looks a bit wrong to me now I've seen a few. I think the Berlingos look better pre and post facelift.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
Talking about the differences between the Peugeot Partner and the Citroen Berlingo, is like trying to decide between the Austin Mini or the Morris Mini!!! Same vehicle, different badges ffs. There are plenty of Peugeot Lions to be found on the components making up my Citroen Berlingo! I'm on my second B9 Berlingo and have never had this suspension rattle that many moan about on here... maybe I've been lucky!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CourierJim for this post
Point taken about the suspension rattle, I moved from a 53 plate to a 09 and the suspension knocking was a huge disappointment. Partner/Berlingo-either or-I'd have another one in an instant, I think its a case of 'once bitten..'
I'm not sure why the suspension rattle is I big thing, that sort of thing can usually be rectified by a decent indi garage for around £100.