Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mystical Land of Rubber Mats
Has anyone been to the mystical land of rubber mats?  Where is it?

My reason for asking is that whenever I see used cars for sale they always have the rubber mats removed, but then again, perhaps I am the only person who puts mats in cars?  Another car dealer scam perhaps?
Mats are extra for some reason??,
I take the mats out & put them in my new car.Lidls on 3rd car.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I recently chucked away the front genuine Citroen carpet mats that came with ours as the driver's one had a hole straight through it, after all of 20k miles.

I decided on rubber ones, and found that there are lots of supposedly custom fit ones, but most are just cut from a roll of rubber sheet, perhaps with a bit of fabric piping round the edge.

I could only find one that is genuinely moulded to fit, and it was this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252166187352

They're excellent too. They have a raised edge, so they're like a tray - you can pick them up and tip the muck out without spilling any. They have no smell - they're actually some kind of soft plastic, not natural rubber. My only criticism is that the driver's one could do with being a bit longer, but to be fair it's exactly the same shape as the original Citroen one, so you can't fault it.

There's no equivalent for the back of a Multispace though - I kept the original carpet one, and we hardly use the back anyway.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to doofer for this post
I don't like rubber mats when your feet are wet they stay wet and then feet slip of the pedals,
I'd love a one for the back with the seats removed, I currently use 2 old halford ones as its too big for any mat I've seen up till now.
14 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR
I bought some rubber ones from Aldi with guide lines to cut down to a few different sizes. They have a decent raised pattern and raised lip around the outside to contain the general rubbish I bring in on my boots and shoes and were only about £5. I just chuck them out and pressure wash or hose them down. I found they moved about a bit on the driver side so I put some of the knobbly gripper mat under and that has cured it. My niece has a moulded boot mat in her pug partner which is OEM and looks expensive, I've never seen one like it in another car it was in when she bought it.
So where does this bit go then ?
I bought OEM ones for my van and they are really thick and heavy - bit pricey at £40 but then thats £40 over the course of 150,000 miles, I can live with that.
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
Rubber or carpet OEM ones? The carpet Citroen-branded ones I got with my Multispace 18 months ago were rubbish. The one for the back seat is OK for us, as it hardly ever gets used, but the front ones soon wore down to nothing. They're also closed-loop carpet so they trap the dirt - even washing them with the hosepipe won't get most of the muck out.
Rubber mats Doofer. Bear in mind I only need the front so check to make sure they do rubber for the car derived version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.