Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery drains overnight
I got a 1.9d 2002 all was fine til 3 days ago. every morning since the battery has been dead. I've checked all electrics are off and battery is reading 12.6 off and 14.4 running. After a bump start this morning I drove 22 miles to work then it started fine 9 hours later leaving but it's dead in morning. any help please guys. don't really know what I'm looking for i read on line to test battery with multi meter. 
When the vans running the air bag light flashes all the time. Could this be a cause.
Change the battery 12.6 is no good you need 13v in a good battery and that 0.4v makes a difference. Also do a BSI reset.
I thought 12.6 would be OK,mine read that from new,never has been 13v?.might read 13v after a run but goes down to 12.6 v after surface charge has drained off
Battery condition isn't all about voltage, cranking amps matter. It's time for a new battery and be sure to fully charge it on the bench before fitting, although the manufacturers say they are pre-charged it will make a big difference to its performance and life.
MkIII VTR 1.6hdi Modutop, Climate Pack, 16" Alloys
Yeah and make sure its at least 75amps more amps the better
This battery is only about 2 years old. I have a brand new battery i will try tonight but i think it's something g draining the battery when the van is off. is ithat even possible for something to drain it while off.
You can try disconnecting battery overnight, if it doesn't drain, you have your answer.
May be Radio?,I've heard sometimes its the altanator draining when stood,
Does the alternator feel warm to the touch when the car has been stood overnight ? My neighbour had a problem with his Focus, not a Berlingo but it was the alternator draining power and it got hot doing it. 12.6v is enough in a battery to start the car but when it starts to go below 12.4 the battery is shot.
So where does this bit go then ?