Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suspension parts?
Evening All,

Well I finally broke it properly, overloaded it ("The Millenium Dustbin" 2000 1.9d) and broke the torsion bar , any way following advice from this forum and videos on you tube i managed to source and fit a month old recon axle from a motor factors van that having had the axle fitted then snapped the cambelt a month later and wrote off engine, £125, still had paper labels on, Result!

Now to the question, when the van collapsed it wrecked the rubber buffers that sit down from the body, they were well perished, Anyone got any ideas how they are fixed on, i assume they are a main dealer part
[fon‌t=Arial]'If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Room.'
Founder Member: The Bad Parent Club!
[/font]
(08-06-2016, 09:03 PM)terryd999 Wrote:  Evening All,

Well I finally broke it properly, overloaded it ("The Millenium Dustbin" 2000 1.9d) and broke the torsion bar , any way following advice from this forum and videos on you tube i managed to source and fit a month old recon axle from a motor factors van that having had the axle fitted then snapped the cambelt a month later and wrote off engine, £125, still had paper labels on, Result!

Now to the question, when the van collapsed it wrecked the rubber buffers that sit down from the body, they were well perished, Anyone got any ideas how they are fixed on, i assume they are a main dealer part
The buffers are sometimes advertised on the bay and they are held on with torq headed bolts and normal hex as well. the ones at the rear need an extended torq driver to undo said bolt.
They are bump stops and you could get them from euro parts or ebay. The cars have been out long enough for pattern parts to be readily available.
So where does this bit go then ?
Thanks guys found these on ebay, hoping that the t50 long torx i bought to remove axle is the right size!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Febi-Bilst...Sw9uFW-OKU
[fon‌t=Arial]'If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Room.'
Founder Member: The Bad Parent Club!
[/font]