Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went out for lunch, came back with this.
I give up. Spent last six months trying to think of anything that would do a better job than my Berlingo for camping, commuting and general family stuff. I couldn't.

So just bought 'number 2'. The first time in my life I've bought the same car. This time with a few more toys though...

[Image: cc153950e1ea46c2e9b32ca4fd1be2dc.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user says Thank You to nicebiscuit for this post
Nice mota mate
That's not a Berlingo, it's got a picture of a cat on it.

It looks very nice though. I think the front grille looks better - the Citroen has only the lower half of the Peugeot grille, it makes more sense when all of it's there.
I preferred the Citroen styling on the first cars - much cleaner.

On this middle facelift the Peugeot is the better of the two. The led running lights look like an afterthought on the Citroen.

On the current model the Citroen is back to clean styling and has the edge. The Pug has acquired the new corporate grill, which doesn't really suit it.

The real reason I went Peugeot though, is that this particular age of Partner Outdoor seemed to come stuffed to the gills with spec, and was more plentiful and cheaper. Couldn't find a well specced XTR Berlingo for the same money... The individual rear seats and two piece tailgate are particularly useful for camping...

Interesting, as with the first one it was the other way around...

Hey fella get off them yellow lines,!! You get your first ticket lol
(09-06-2016, 11:49 AM)Johny555 Wrote:  Hey fella get off them yellow lines,!! You get your first ticket lol

It's still in the dealer! They did that, not me :-D

The LED running lights are in the same position as yours on my 64-reg Berlingo, but that part of the bumper is black textured plastic on the XTR, which I suppose does make them look less integrated...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2051]

It's sleek vs chunky. I didn't realise until I looked that the Peugeot has more of a snout - the grille is actually further forward than the lights, shown by the curved bits in the corners of the lights. The Citroen is more stubby, and the bumper then juts out.

I like them both actually. It's interesting how much difference a few different bits of plastic makes.

You can also see that the Peugeot is probably more sensible in having easily replaced black bits on the corners where you're most likely to get scraped. Mine would need painted body-coloured parts to replace them.

I don't like the silver bottom bit on either really though - it's a hangover from the silver goatee beard that they had previously, and it looks weird how it curves around then stops. I also don't like the chrome bit on the lower grille of the Citroen - it makes sense on the Peugeot, with a matching upper bit.
To be honest, both of the 'middle' models were a bit of a lash-up. The latest of the Citroens is the best of the lot IMO.

Mind you, glad to miss out on the touchscreen. Hate them. Have one in my other car and it is in no way better than just having buttons...