Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo sat navigation traffic master
Hi I've had my Berlingo 3 months now it's all great however the sat nav doesn't work says it fails everytime. 

It's mounted on the dash on the right hand side I just wondered  how you'd go about changing  this for a Tomtom or somethingo similar? I don't think the cables are the same.

Has anyone changed theirs before I've heard these traffic master ones are rubbish

I use my Android phone, which works brilliantly, using the Copilot app...

It's £17 with lifetime map upgrades and 1 year of traffic updates, and you can pay an optional £8 per year to keep traffic updates (which I do pay as it works well).

I bought a 12V to Micro USB hard-wire converter and wired it into the fuse box in the glovebox using a piggy back adaptor. It's completely invisibly fed through from the fusebox to the inside of the left A-pillar, then tucked into the edge of the headlining along the top and down the inside of the right A-pillar and dangles out near the bottom of it. Then I just have a rubber sucker mount in the bottom corner of the windscreen.

The A-pillar covers just pull off from the top. There are various plastic cable clips inside that you can clip the wire into. I covered mine in fabric wiring loom tape just to avoid any chance of rattles. The voltage converter block is inside the left A-pillar - don't put tape over this though or it could overheat.

It works great - I get voice prompts through the stereo using the Bluetooth too.
Another vote here for copilot in the phone, I've got the full euros version and have used it to guide me from Wales to Bulgaria, a useful feature is it will convert the speed limits to mph and warn you when you exceed them, also the phone & the copilot in it can be moved from car to car ( I also use mine on my motorcycle) .
Almost forget to mention the copilot app can be moved to another phone when you upgrade/ drop down the toilet / lose your phone !

Just had my van in for its first service and the dealership has managed to activate Apple CarPlay on mine now which means I can use Waze or at very least the phones own satnav on the touchscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
For short journey can 0-100 km range you could use best ever navigation free and preinstalled in almost all android phone maps..from some months offline version is available

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka
Hi all I'm new to this.
I've recently bought a berlingo 2011 van although I have not used the sat nav yet. I was driving through London recently and a voice spoke out in the van saying I was approaching a congestion charging zone the same when I wen in and when I left it. I have no idea what this is bit the van is an ex fleet van so I'm thinking they have extras on it. Has anyone else had this feature or know what this is please. Also not sure if I have hands free on the van it's just a standard radio but I do have the mic in the van?
2011 hdi-e berlingo van
It sounds like the sat nav is running in the background and the congestion zone function is tuned on. By the way I hope you paid the congestion charge as they have a habit of stinging you with a hefty fine for late payment.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace