Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sliding door rattle
I asked once before and cannot find a recent thread on the subject, can any one advise. Stuffing a rag in the sliding mechanism seems to help but there must be something better than that; rubber washers around the sockets on the arms is suggested but that does not look an easy job.
I have had a rattle from the drivers side rear door for some time now, on mine I have ruled out the window as a cause and believe the noise to be coming from the lower track and roller unit. I have been trying to adjust the door guides to compensate, but there seems to be no adjustment in the way the bracket is mounted.
I would like to hear if anyone can help with some idea of how to fix this?

Thanks
Yes, it's fixed and silent on my B9 (Mk3). It was annoying the heck out of me, but I've found a nice neat solution that takes about a minute to fit, needs no tools and doesn't cause any damage at all.

I need a volunteer or two to test my anti-rattle kit before I start selling it. Ideally someone with a M59 (Mk2) or the M49 (Mk1) and another with a B9 (Mk3).

PM me if you're interested with your name and address and I'll send you free stuff! Provided that you confirm you'll let me know what you think - good or bad.

If everyone's happy with them I'll start selling them on ebay.
I've got enough volunteers for the B9 (Mk3) now, thanks.

If anyone has a similar issue on an older model and wants to have a try let me know - I'd need to ask for some photos with the door open first to see how similar it is.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
Got rid of mine by adjusting the striker plate. Mk 2 2.0hdi.
So where does this bit go then ?
Ah right - so the Mk2 has adjustment, which is what I was hoping for with mine. The Mk3 has nothing to adjust at all. So I won't worry about Mk2s then. So they refined (cheapened) the design when they updated it.
I used Doofers helpful adaptation for the door rattle and it worked a treat. I am happy to recommend it.