Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking
Hi, I have a 2007 1.9D and am having problems with the locks. the passenger key is just spinning, the rear door lock is seized. the key that works the driver door will open the fuel cap but there is a different key to start it(a complete mess). Also, how would I know if there should be central locking as each door has to be locked individually??? Should there be wires going to each lock? Is it possible to install central locking??
To sort the locks your best bet is get a new set off ebay they are cheap and easy to do, plenty on the forum on how to change them. If the van had central locking there will be a button in the centre console to manually lock if it aint there you aint got it. Easy way to get central locking is get a kit like this
I fitted a kit to my van and it works a treat, well made easy to do just take your time route all cables out the way and protect when passing through panels and door gaps. Sounds like your ignition key has been changed at some point would pay you to get a replacement asap or else you could be up a creek with out a paddle so to speak. The key has a chip in it so don't lose it get another one cut and programmed to the motor.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks Tomcat... The driver door lock was changed but everything else seems original. I have just ordered a set of locks on ebay for it but will keep ignition and fuel cap original..
Is it much of a job installing the central locking kit? Is it just the door cards that have to come off or have I to get in behind the dash with wires?
Just the door cards and trim panels to get at the locking rods and run cabling. I took the power off the battery with an inline fuse going through the bulkhead up under the passenger footwell so its a short route to the battery. Running the cabling to the back took time to hide out the way and make it neat, you may need some extra wire to extend the rear cable. The control box I stuck to the bulkhead in the passenger side and I covered all the wiring in spirolex trunking to protect it. A bit over the top but I didn't want frayed wires later on. Good luck.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post