Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head lights. How to improve?
Had a 2200 mile round trip to Hungary, all good, ,averaged 51.2mpg at 75mph on cruise control
Only issue seerns the lights were designed for Ray Charles. I have tried Phillips extreme bulbs but they don't last well but did help. On my old bingo I had some more powerful bulbs , my question is I'd it possible to fit them with the plastic head lights and this clever clogs electrical system.

And yes I know your not supposed to use them..............

Thanks
Kevin
CANbus compliant HID's
Make sure the lights bulbs are U V coated or it will damage the in side of your head lights.?
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hid is the way... Remember you get what you pay for...
Replaced mine 8 weeks ago and love it ! I brought non eBay ones but still fiddly !

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
I didn't think HID conversions are MOT friendly now?
2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.
Unless you have headlight wash/wipe retrofit HID kits are illegal. You may have brighter lights but the beam pattern will be all over the place as the lens has not been designed for hid lights but if you don't give a sh#t for the traffic coming towards you why worry.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
If you think illegal HIDs are a good idea then you might as well just drive round on full beam - it's just as considerate towards everyone else.

I find mine really good, plus they won't cause a guaranteed MOT failure, make the police stop and fine you or make oncoming cars flash full beam at you. I've got Osram Night Breaker Unlimited. They've lasted six months so far and still going strong, which is longer than the Philips ones I had previously. The factory standard ones are hopeless - they're almost amber-brown in comparison to the Osram ones. I had to put one back in when one of the Philips ones went, and honestly I needn't have bothered - it still seemed like one bulb had gone.

I also have white LED sidelight bulbs. These are probably not technically approved, but they're certainly not dazzling. They just add a bit to the overall tone, plus they make the colour a little cooler.

You can get LED headlight bulbs, but they're just as illegal as HIDs. You can get away with LEDs for most low-power lights, e.g. sidelights, indicators etc. But for headlights you need very precise brightness and alignment if you don't want to annoy everyone else.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
Ok so I am in Australia where hid is not legal... But I run mine directed down with the dial adjuster on dash....
But I was replacing globes monthly, but I leave my lamps on all day/all the time... Part of my learning to drive history ...
If you break the law and get caught the deal with the results ... It's like getting caught speeding.. You know your wrong. But chose to do it....

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
(04-07-2016, 07:07 PM)K Dilks Wrote:  Had a 2200 mile round trip to Hungary, all good, ,averaged 51.2mpg at 75mph on cruise control
Only issue seerns the lights were designed for Ray Charles. I have tried Phillips extreme bulbs but they don't last well but did help. On my old bingo I had some more powerful bulbs , my question is I'd it possible to fit them with the plastic head lights and this clever clogs electrical system.

And yes I know your not supposed to use them..............

Thanks
Kevin

And you and your car are from UK, right? (righ hand side steering wheel)... How did you change the light beams for driving on the right hand side of the road? because the headlights are tilted. maybe this is why you had low visibility?

Another quick question...are those the average trip values from your board computer?, both the mpg and the speed? or the average speed for the trip was lower?
I've installed opt7 h4 led's last week with an anti glare shield like the hid's come with on my mk1 2002, absolutely no glare to oncoming traffic with a good cut off pattern and very bright.Also from Australia