Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reborn Multispace
Have to put on record my appreciation of this forum. After 11 years of ownership and 2 years off the road this has been returned to use very cheaply. Rear wheel bearings replaced for the MOT, also airbag light conquered. Todays success was the replacement of a broken window regulator using a kit off eBay. This forum, together with a Haynes manual, has made all of this easy and I love the car as much as the day I bought it.
I have also made a wooden ramp that fits on to the towball, a small "bridge" over the back of the handbrake, some chocks and a couple of short ratchet straps. This means that, with the double seat removed, I can roll in one of my Honda C90s with ease and take it to far off places. Far more comfortable than riding long distance heavily laden. 
I am slightly tempted by a B9 Mullitspace (that was how Citroen UK termed it on their website when launched in the UK - for about a year) as someone on the C90 forum has a B9 and carries 2 C90's, that extra 100mm adds quite a bit! Can't see me ever getting rid of mine though. Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Chris Baker for this post
Eleven years is going some ! I too had a bridge over the handbrake in my Berlingo van though this was for the dogs to walk over to get into the back more easily and also for the one dog in particular to lie on as she had a habit of resting her head on my leg .... all change with a car version now though as they are both banished to the rear to keep the wagon clean and tidy ..... funnily enough I now use a ramp at the back of my Multispace to help the dogs get in and out easily - joint saving exercise for the future, hopefully ..... eleven years .... I'm also in it for the long haul.
Would an ex-motability one be useful for motorbikes or arthritic dogs? They usually have a wheelchair ramp straight through the middle. Like this one example, of many available...

[Image: 12802246.jpg]