Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen Alloy Wheels
I am thinking of replacing my steel wheels on my 2008 Multispace XTR with some second hand Citroen alloys. My current steel wheels have 215/55/R16 tyres, while there do seem to be some alloys around with that size tyres [mainly from Picasso] the majority I have seen for sale are Citroen Alloys fitted with 205/55/R16 from Citroen C4. Will these fit and are they safe to fit being slightly narrower? Thanks.
You may find insurance is an issue if you fit non standard sizes. The C4 Picasso wheels are easy enough to come by (you might have noticed Peugeot are actually fitting those same style to the 2016 Partners now with different centre caps...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either way, your insurance company will need to be informed of the change from "standard" i.e. steel to alloy rims (size is not an issue here, just the change in material - only if the WEIGHT limit is wrong, then you have a problem) and your premiums will go up regardless.
My premium didn't go up when I fitted non-standard sized alloy wheels instead of 15" steel wheels.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
(27-07-2016, 09:54 AM)Dr.Jekyll Wrote:  Either way, your insurance company will need to be informed of the change from "standard" i.e. steel to alloy rims (size is not an issue here, just the change in material - only if the WEIGHT limit is wrong, then you have a problem) and your premiums will go up regardless.

Thanks, never even thought that premiums might increase, as I would be changing from standard steel wheels, to the a standard fit alloy [I am after all looking at Citroen alloys] so why would the premium be different as they sold the car new with either steel or alloy wheels?
On a 2008 XTR the alloys were an option, together with tps. It would increase the value of the car so could in theory increase the insurance premium.

However, different companies take different views. It is always best to declare as they will then be covered should you have an accident. I have always declared the options on mine but they have never charged extra.
MkIII VTR 1.6hdi Modutop, Climate Pack, 16" Alloys
I went from the standard steel wheels to MK1 C5 alloys - no change in insurance, then to non-standard Fox alloys with different tyre size on , still no change.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
my insurance went up £35, was told this is down to the extra costs of replacing a wheel, mine are genuine citroen alloys
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]