Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Brakes] what size Brake pads & disc
Tongue 
Thought I would replace my brake pads as I saw a special offer on brake pads & disc with free delivery

but when I looked at the web page there was two sizes. . .  

Thickness [mm]19/ Width [mm]137/ Height [mm]52  &  Thickness [mm]19/ Width [mm]137/  Height [mm] 57 
the same with the Disc
Diameter [mm] 283 / Brake Disc Thickness [mm] / 26 Height [mm] 34.2 &  Diameter [mm] 266 / Brake Disc Thickness [mm]22 / Height [mm] 34.5

Trying to find out what is the right size to order

2007 Berlingo desire 1.6hdi
Only way to be sure is take a wheel off and measure a disc, or take a chance and call Citroen and ask their parts department.

You just need the diameter of the disc and they will supply pads to fit
Measure one is the simplest way Wink
Would it be ok the order the pads & disc providing they match each other even if it not the original size that fitted now?  guess it a 50/50 chance of being right . .the disc (2) only costing 30 Euro and pads (4) 9euro which I think is a great price
No you need the same or your carriers won't fit or the pads will be way off the disc, you can change it but it's new caliper and carrier time plus bleeding them up
Pads for 9 euros doesn't sound particularly good when they are the items that save your life should you need to stop! I don't get why you'd ever skimp on brakes, same with tyres!
Yep, Alarm bells would be ringing for me too. (unless they are a known good brand with a genuine good price)
Most product relating to car safety have to conform with EU regulations and having done a little research the problem is noise,ratting, squealing etc not the stopping efficiency of the brakes. Normally Disc and similar heavy items cost a lot to post Ireland or Northern Ireland and the fact it was FREE P&P  is what caught  my attention whist researching I found there are a few good offers for Brake Disc but none offer free P&P ( the offer of free P&P has ended Sad )
In the meantime my Citroen dealer gave me the correct part numbers for my car unfortunately not every seller of brakes give the original Citroen part number.
I'd buy local. 3rd time lucky from ECP. First set both pads and discs were to big, second set of discs were the right diameter but hub spacing was wrong, 3rd set fitted. All three was listed for my Partner.
(29-07-2016, 07:17 PM)iscom Wrote:  Most product relating to car safety have to conform with EU regulations and having done a little research the problem is noise,ratting, squealing etc not the stopping efficiency of the brakes. Normally Disc and similar heavy items cost a lot to post Ireland or Northern Ireland and the fact it was FREE P&P  is what caught  my attention whist researching I found there are a few good offers for Brake Disc but none offer free P&P ( the offer of free P&P has ended Sad )
In the meantime my Citroen dealer gave me the correct part numbers for my car unfortunately not every seller of brakes give the original Citroen part number.
From experience that's about right, they have to do the bear minimum to pass the tests, but if they overheat easily they will still pass the same tests, I'd rather fit some ferodo premier pads and know that if I need them to stop me on the motorway from 80mph they won't get hot and glaze and become bars of soap... It's a safety feature that could make the difference between life and death, I know I will never skimp on brakes, f**k saving a tenner to potentially kill myself or my kids or someone else's, each to there own though! Same with budget tyres in my opinion!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dumdum for this post:
  • Sootyfoot