Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights
Can anyone recommend decent headlight bulbs for my Mk1 Berlingo? Current bulbs are as good as a couple of candles  Big Grin

Cheers Davie
Osram night breaker or Osram night breaker plus < but they say don't last as long or Philip's exstreme Vision .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I've got Osram Night Breaker Unlimited (whoooo!), and they're great. I think they give them a new name every time sales fall.

I previously had Philips Extreme Vision but they didn't last long at all. The Osrams have lasted longer already, and are still going strong. I didn't see any difference in performance or colour - they're both good, and are sort of on the warmish side of daylight white, but the standard ones look brown in comparison.

The originals or standard H4 bulbs are rubbish. That says something coming from me, as I'll happily buy the supermarket own-brand value version of anything instead of posh branded stuff. But it seems that with headlight bulbs you have to pay more for the posh brands to get decent ones.

I also have some fairly bright LED sidelight bulbs, which also help a bit more. They're not bright enough to dazzle anyone, but they give out a lot more light than standard ones, plus they're a nice cool white colour so they make me look gorgeous and handsome, plus they balance out the bulbs' warmer colour to approximate daylight white between them.

I don't really want to look like a boy racer, but I do think the colder white makes you much more visible, without going down the illegal DRL route - looking like a pratt and annoying everyone.
Osram night breaker unlimited plus it is. Already found them on EBay for £13.70 a pair. Thanks for the advice guys. Looking forward to be able to see where Iam going ??

Regards Davie
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Divmiester for this post
The night breaker plus ultimate superlative last about 18 months in my Berlingo. Been using them since I bought the car.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
13.70? you guys on crack? Quit f-ing around and order couple H4's from here for a pound
55w
http://goo.gl/pLf9S2
100w if you want more light
http://goo.gl/b9vYFI
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Kokain for this post
(22-08-2016, 08:51 PM)doofer Wrote:  I also have some fairly bright LED sidelight bulbs, which also help a bit more.  They're not bright enough to dazzle anyone, but they give out a lot more light than standard ones, plus they're a nice cool white colour so they make me look gorgeous and handsome, plus they balance out the bulbs' warmer colour to approximate daylight white between them.

link?? any i've used have failed after a short time, im currently using osram sidelight bulbs aswell as headlights..
(23-08-2016, 08:54 PM)Kokain Wrote:  13.70? you guys on crack? Quit f-ing around and order couple H4's from here for a pound
55w
http://goo.gl/pLf9S2
100w if you want more light
http://goo.gl/b9vYFI

are the 100w ones reliable? look exactley like my osrams but i suppose they would being a standard fit
You're going to be drawing double the current the wiring is designed for with the 100W ones, plus generating loads more heat than the plastic headlights were designed for.

It will probably be fine, but it's possibly pushing it. And they're technically illegal - but just like my LED bulbs probably are too. I suppose as long as they're properly dipped then nobody's going to complain.

I'm sure that Osram are making wads of profit at £13-odd retail, but they work. Postage will be £3, ebay fees £1.50, plus the cost of the odd breakage so the seller's probably not making much.

I don't have a record of what LED bulbs I'm using unfortunately, but they've been in for well over a year. I think you just take pot luck really. They're the ones with 5 LEDs - one on the tip, and one around each of the four sides. The sidelights don't seem to have blown bulb detection, so I don't think you need CANbus ones (with extra resistors to draw more current).
You need to look carefully at these head light's bulb's some of the cheaper one's don't have a UV coating and damage the inside of your head light's .  Sad
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy