Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bashed in berlingo need help
partner has had a accident with a bollard in morrisons   no idea what damage its done to the  car underneath no idea if it can be fixed the sil has been damaged with the door

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like the sill will need pulling out at a minimum. If the top and bottom edge of the sill is still straight pull out as much as you can, and fill if necessary. A good sliding hammer should suffice. Can you open the door and is the top seam under the door rubber still straight.
2012 Berlingo Multispace VTR 1.6HDI White
(07-09-2016, 08:18 PM)Peter Guy Wrote:  Looks like the sill will need pulling out at a minimum. If the top and bottom edge of the sill is still straight pull out as much as you can, and fill if necessary. A good sliding hammer should suffice. Can you open  the door and is the top seam under the door rubber still straight.

not sure but the photo will probably answer the question

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(Sucks breath in through teeth) That looks expensive. Take the plastic trim off so you can see the full extent. You might get a painless dent removal man to pull it out but years ago my brother in law had similar and we cut the sill and fitted part of a new one. Paintwork is expensive when you have any work like this done but the good part is it is mostly covered with the trim.
So where does this bit go then ?
I assume you don't have comprehensive insurance?
If more then a few years old it likely won't be worth repairing.
its a mobility car the car is a year old the mobile valuer came out today said its 50/50 so dont know what happens til the report goes to the repair assesor
yes the fella said 50 repairable and 50 write off wont know til the assessor has had a look at the report which i will probably hear monday or tuesday next week its a 15 plate so damn annoying not knowing whats happening maybe he to kill my partner in the meantime !!!!!! the mobile fella also told my partner to drive the car until we know whats going on with it
Ah ok Moe, a year old mobility car must surely be fully insured so just let the insurance company sort it out.

Yep, we have all done similar in various degrees. The first time I put my Berlingo in the home garage I totally forgot about the shelf on the wall that was above the roof of my previous car, The back door still has the scars!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Solent for this post:
  • Moe Palm Harkins
That won't write it off! It's 5-600 quid at most, most places would sort it for that I'd think including new trim and clips, he's talking out his arse or you misunderstood what he meant! Main dealers might charge 1-2k to fix, but that's a simple panel damage job presuming floor hasn't gone which as the door rubber looks straight I'll assume hasn't been touched Smile
(09-09-2016, 06:34 AM)dumdum Wrote:  That won't write it off! It's 5-600 quid at most, most places would sort it for that I'd think including new trim and clips, he's talking out his arse or you misunderstood what he meant! Main dealers might charge 1-2k to fix, but that's a simple panel damage job presuming floor hasn't gone which as the door rubber looks straight I'll assume hasn't been touched Smile

the pictures are small i have the bigger ones not quite sure how to send them bigger its nationwide repair centre thats doing it and rsa motability insurance