Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window Socks
Hello All,
I am new to this and need some help. I own a Peugeot Partner Quicksilver 2005 and need some window socks for it to keep my hound cool whilst travelling to Spain in three weeks. I've found some companies who make them but claim that they are not compatible, I guess due to the clip open rear windows. Despite this, I'd like to know if anyone has tried them and know if the windows do in fact stay open under them plus what size (or car model shape) to go for. 
Hi Charlotte welcome to the forum not sure what a window sock is are you talking about wind deflectors like these .
I see what you mean now just done a search on window sock hopefully someone has used them and can help.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Never heard or seen them before? 

[Image: window_sox_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1..._1_1_2.jpg]
Cheap on Ebay ... is this the thing ? 291801227897

How about the stick on sun shades that people use on windows for children in cars - rubber suckers ( the blinds not the kids ) !!
My XTR has factory-fitted pull down blinds. I'm pretty sure they just screw into place, including the catch that holds the bottom when they're pulled down. I don't know whether the inner door cover is different depending on whether they are/aren't fitted though - hopefully they're standard though.

If you've got a reasonably plump bank account then it would be the best option to ask your Citroen/Peugeot dealer. I don't know whether they're fitted as standard to any Peugeot models.

The next best option would be rubber sucker shades that are specifically made in the right shape. I know Amdro make a complete set of blinds to go with their BootJump, so it might be worth asking them very nicely if they'd sell you just their rear blinds. You could get the ones for the side windows behind the doors while you're at it too.

The odd time I've seen the sock ones I've always thought they look pretty strange, and they can flap about when driving. With a couple of bits of grit they might make a pretty good job of sanding the paintwork down.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure you couldn't fit the sock ones, due to the arm at the top of the door for the sliding mechanism.