Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheelbase length?
Getting a towbar fitted on Monday and the guy wanted to know the wheelbase of my Berlingo?
He says theres a short and a long version but I can't find anything in the manual or reg doc that says what it is.

We've said short as he thinks a long is bloody massive but do the actually make a 14 plate B9 in 2 sizes?

Any ideas?
14 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR
If your vehicle is Multispace Xtr then it's short so you have ordered correct towbar. The longer version is only available as a van. Not longer wheelbase but body extended rearwards.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
Few, Thanks Opensauce.

That makes sense now because I've seen longer panel vans.
The wheel base of my L2 Berlingo is exactly the same as the wheelbase of the L1 model. The only difference is a 20cm extra bumper overhang behind the rear wheels. There is no such thing as a longer wheel base Berlingo, only a longer internal body length Berlingo.
The "Long" version looks like a Berlingo with a wardrobe bolted on the back of it ;-)

The current model was launched just before the VW and Fiat competitors, which do have a LWB version. So PSA came up with the longer version as a catch-up.

I'd assume that the 2018 version will have a proper LWB version, but for now it's a long or short body only.

However, the long or short versions will be likely to have very different towbars, as the design of the back end may be different. So although "wheelbase" isn't the right word, you would need to know which version of the van it is. But if it's a Multispace then, as said above it has to be a short one.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
Short it was, No cutting to install either

[Image: Towbar%202_zpscqnbqtpt.jpg]

[Image: Towbar_zpsm15eimzw.jpg]

[Image: Trailer_zpsnqnas57s.jpg]

Highly recommend Kev at KGR Towbars, He was the cheapest quote I got too and the other 2 quotes weren't home fits.
He covers the North east but is willing to travel. After me (Durham) he was off to Teesdale then Hull! Also did Edinburgh a few weeks back and was still cheaper than local quotes.

https://www.facebook.com/kgr.towbars/
http://www.kgrtowbars.co.uk/
Looks great.
My other car (Ford) has a detachable tow bar and electrics that swing down into place, makes for an invisible installation when not in use, is something similar available for B9 Berlingos?
Hi Matt,

Yes there is mine has got one, the original owner had it installed by the Citroen dealer that supplied the car .

Mark

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
According to the Citroen website if you add the wiring kit its over £700 fitted, I'm sure there are more reasonably priced alternatives .

Mark

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk