Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diagnostic "gear" / Software
Hi all,

Getting closer to the time when I will actually be buying (hopefully an 06 Desire 2.0Hdi in green I've got my eye on Cool )

Now I've got plenty of experience with both electronics, motors and with computers (hardware and software) but coming from a previously exclusive "classic vehicle" background, I know very little about modern vehicle diagnostic testing. Being a "hands on" type of guy, and enjoy doing it, I would like to gen up on what is needed to plug into these vehicles to read fault codes and the like.

Could anyone give me a brief introduction as to what is needed to "diy" this subject? (Lexia et al)
Regards to all,
John (on the N. Shropshire / S. Cheshire border)

Lexia 3 interface is the prior choice for PSA diagnosis/troubleshooting. Its a dealer level diagnostic kit and will allow you do do everything that the Peugeot or Citroen workshop can do, from airbag lights to reprogramming. Cable comes with Lexia for Citroen, PP2000 for Peugeot and Diagbox for new & old PSA cars.
Thanks Dave,

Now I hope you don't think I am being too lazy to Google this, but a couple of question‌s =

1) - Is that an interface that is plugged into a "normal" PC ?

2) - Is the software available to the public ? (and if so, is it expensive)
Regards to all,

I'm running DiagBox and the computer interface plugs into a USB socket. Software is readily available. I'd avoid the Chinese stuff though. I got mine at (I am not affiliated with them and they are a first class store, IMHO)
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
That easydiagnostics website's a bit weird - it looks unfinished, you can't click on anything.  I managed to break into the shop by clicking the basket, then the Continue Shopping button.

From the photos, I'd say it's all Chinese anyway, at a bumped-up price.

I've been thinking about getting something too.  I might just try one of these Android bluetooth things to start with, as I don't have a Windows laptop.  Should I buy it here...

Or here?...
Yeah, their website has been thru a number of reincarnations lately. I've had an account for a couple of years but it refused to log me in. I've got one of those Bluetooth dongles as well and use it with the Torque app on my Android phone. Works a treat.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
It does look very useful, especially for just a tenner.  The "pro" version of Torque is a whopping(!) £2.95 extra.  I've already got a decent Android phone, and a windscreen bracket as it's also my sat nav, so it would be ideal.  Does Torque let you change anything, or is it just for viewing data?

I see that Torque do give a warning about cheap Chinese clone interfaces though.

There's one here for £2.42!...

...Plus lots more for a few pennies more.  I might give one a try for a laugh - they probably work perfectly.

I've ordered one of the above. I'll update to say whether it's any good when/if it arrives!
My understanding from this thread...

Is that on my 2014 model it's probably in the glovebox, so that avoids doing head-stands to find it under the steering wheel somewhere then.

Is there any harm in leaving it permanently connected?

This is the free version of Torque (Lite)...

So, for a total outlay of £2.42 I'll have a diagnosis system? That's amazing if it works.
Good information folks, thank you Smile

I will keep reading this thread !
Regards to all,

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but you pre-empted what I was about to ask - I'm glad if you find my ramblings useful!

I'll add my findings on my £2.42 system when I know more.  I've already installed Torque Lite on my phone and it looks seriously good.  I've been having problems with Stop-Start, which I suspect is because the engine's running too cold, so I've set up my own custom dashboard ready for some checking...

It's really Lego-simple to use, just pick the bits you want and drag them around. After I pay the £2.95 I'll lose the banner ad and get some fancier tools to play with. Now I just have to wait for the thing to arrive from China, which can be anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks - I regularly order from China, in fact I'm a bit of a two-quid gadget addict. I've just got a brilliant little USB power/current monitor for £2.02.