Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of selling my Berlingo ( Ideas )
Hi All , 
          I own a Berlingo 1.9 d on an 05 plate , I boiught it second hand 7 years ago with 43k on the clock , Its now coming up to 160k as I commute daily at 70 miles a day .  It passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories . Brilliant !  But I am seriously thinking of buying a Nemo / Bippa or Fiat Qubo .  
First off , with diesel on the rise again I thought the smaller ''vans'' will achieve more MPG than the Berlingo . 
  I read a lot on manufactures claims that such and such will get 70mpg ??  Any ideas will be very welcome !! Keep it or sell it ?? 

Thanks all in advance .
Andrew
A few thousands for the selling price buys a LOT of diesel so think carefully .... that's all I can say on it ( been there ).
(18-10-2016, 04:57 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Hi All , 
          I own a Berlingo 1.9 d on an 05 plate , I boiught it second hand 7 years ago with 43k on the clock , Its now coming up to 160k as I commute daily at 70 miles a day .  It passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories . Brilliant !  But I am seriously thinking of buying a Nemo / Bippa or Fiat Qubo .  
First off , with diesel on the rise again I thought the smaller ''vans'' will achieve more MPG than the Berlingo . 
  I read a lot on manufactures claims that such and such will get 70mpg ??  Any ideas will be very welcome !! Keep it or sell it ?? 

Thanks all in advance .
Andrew

I would keep it, run it into the ground.....with care you will get another 200,000 out of her...
French Electrics......Grrrrrrr! Dodgy
Get another Berlingo! From what I've seen there's little price difference between them and the little Turkish Tofas ones (badged as Fiat Citroen or Peugeot) that are far inferior in every way.

The main reason that mpg keeps rising is that the gap between the stated figures and reality has been steadily growing...

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/environm...rison-data

[Image: emissions-analytics_w555_h555.png]

I suppose that a smaller van with a smaller engine may use a bit less, but it won't be a Berlingo. If you really want to save fuel get a moped and really rough it.
What why not go the whole hog and get a bike lol
09 XTR Berlingo 1.6hdi 
10 C5 1.6 hdi estate
You should be getting 40mpg out of yours but a newer berlingo will do 60mpg on a decent motorway run of 50 ish commuting in traffic.

If the maths add up go for it if that is what you want?

I have no idea what the smaller vans do.
I looked at second hand nemo / bippa / qubo but the prices were comparable with same year Berlingo / partners , I decided the Berlingo offered much more.

Mark
(18-10-2016, 06:17 PM)geoff Wrote:  A few thousands for the selling price buys a LOT of diesel so think carefully .... that's all I can say on it ( been there ).

I meant that a couple of grand spent on buying a new wagon buys a lot of diesel  .... a few years worth for sure  !

A newer wagon will need work but you know yours already !

Less depreciation with the 1.9 !

Nemo and co are not as good as  Berlingo !
Nemos will probably be worth less than a Berlingo in a few years. It's a very niche market - someone who wants a car that looks like a van, but that isn't big enough to be useful. I suppose there's a good reason that Citroen stopped selling them (at least the multispace equivalent anyway). Actually, I don't know whether you're a van or multispace owner/driver. They still do the van version though.

Don't expect a balanced argument on Berlingo Forum though. You'll have to ask opinions at Nemo Forum too. Oh, there isn't one - I wonder why?!